Question My microphone is really messed up after the last update...

lukabl1

Commendable
Nov 6, 2017
Please... help...
so windows asked me to install a very important update and i did, it was quite a big update tbh... But after this update finished i tried to record something with my microphone using Audacity and... its making like a random noise... the fun part is that... the noise is still there when i take my microphone out... soo... sound is still there even tho my microphone is basically off...
I'm guessing my update messed up drivers or something?? but i really dont know.. Please help .-.

Thanks ^^

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Could you please take a Speccy Snapshot of your system?
-----------------------------------------------
Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications & Report Them to an Assistant

1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.

2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded or unzip the ZIP file if you prefer to use the portable version.

a. If you choose to run the installer - Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.

b. If you go with the portable version just fire up Speccy from the unzipped folder location.

Regardless of which method you choose, you will be presented the Speccy Main Window:

main.jpg

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:

file_publishsnapshot.jpg

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:

publish_snapshot_dialog.jpg

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.

5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:

snapshot_url_dialog.jpg

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.

lukabl1

Commendable
Nov 6, 2017
Could you please take a Speccy Snapshot of your system?
-----------------------------------------------
Using Piriform’s Speccy to Collect Your Computer’s Hardware & Software Specifications & Report Them to an Assistant

1. Go to the Piriform Speccy Download Page and download the program.

2. Run the installer you’ve just downloaded or unzip the ZIP file if you prefer to use the portable version.

a. If you choose to run the installer - Note: The Speccy free installer may now come with Avast and the Google Chrome browser bundled with it (or something else, what’s bundled has changed over time). Make sure that you UNCHECK the options to install any bundled software when you see the checkboxes during the Speccy install sequence. When you reach the end, uncheck the View Release Notes checkbox, then activate the Run Speccy button.

b. If you go with the portable version just fire up Speccy from the unzipped folder location.

Regardless of which method you choose, you will be presented the Speccy Main Window:

main.jpg

3. From the File Menu, activate the “Publish Snapshot” item [or press ALT+F,B]:

file_publishsnapshot.jpg

4. You will now be presented with the Publish Snapshot Dialog:

publish_snapshot_dialog.jpg

You will, of course, activate the Yes button.

5. Finally, you will be presented with the Snapshot URL Dialog:

snapshot_url_dialog.jpg

on which you will activate the Copy to Clipboard button so that you will have the snapshot web address to paste into your message.

Note: If you want to save your system specs to a text file, at step 3 choose the Save as Text File option at step 3. This can be handy if you need to e-mail your specs.

Alright i did this and here's the link ^^
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/K6jqpr0RLgbdeup8EUVUTTq

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I just want to verify the type of machine: laptop, desktop, tablet?

Also, did you purchase it (or, perhaps your Windows 10 license) secondhand? This is the second machine in two days where help is being requested and Windows 10 is noted as the Enterprise edition. It is beyond odd to have Enterprise on any devices other than those owned by fairly large organizations with IT departments that administer the machines centrally. I am wondering how it might have come to be on this one.

lukabl1

Commendable
Nov 6, 2017
I just want to verify the type of machine: laptop, desktop, tablet?

Also, did you purchase it (or, perhaps your Windows 10 license) secondhand? This is the second machine in two days where help is being requested and Windows 10 is noted as the Enterprise edition. It is beyond odd to have Enterprise on any devices other than those owned by fairly large organizations with IT departments that administer the machines centrally. I am wondering how it might have come to be on this one.
Umm this is a desktop. And i really don't know my friend installed win10 on my pc so i suppose its cracked?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Other than giving you one final piece of advice I'd give anyone, check to see if there are new audio drivers then download and install them, I must bow out.

We are not permitted to give assistance for cracked software, and based upon your Speccy identifying a desktop as a tablet, I strongly suspect that your suspicion regarding the state of the Windows 10 on your system is correct. Not only is using cracked software illegal, but it's impossible to know which parts of it are behaving normally versus which will not.

You would be well advised to do a completely clean reinstall, getting a license for the edition of Windows 10 you actually want/need, and entering it as part of that install process.