Question My mobo doesn't have a LAN driver ?

Aug 11, 2022
i assembled my first pc and now I'm at the point of downloading drivers but my mobo (a Asus strix b450f gaming) doesnt have a LAN driver (or i can't find it idk) please help, what should I do?? I also can't connect to the internet cus it's written I need an Ethernet cable or sum, I am also kinda new to pc building so please help

I'm at the point of downloading drivers but my mobo (a Asus strix b450f gaming) doesnt have a LAN driver (or i can't find it idk) please help, what should I do??
Download drivers on some other pc and copy onto USB flash drive to transfer them to your new pc.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Aug 11, 2022
Download drivers on some other pc and copy onto USB flash drive to transfer them to your new pc.

okay thank you!! but my mobo doesn't have a LAN driver?? is that not essential to like get an internet connection? what do I do now??

Windows needs a driver to be able to make the lan hardware on the motherboard work.
But, you also need to load other motherboard chipset drivers.
A simple USB connected cd player is a handy thing to have.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rioddas-Exte...0317535&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A345VEHWF64TF

As a suggestion, do not take the easy "install all" option or you may install lots of apps that you don't want.

Or, find the requisite drivers and download them to a usb stick on a different pc.

Aug 11, 2022
Windows needs a driver to be able to make the lan hardware on the motherboard work.
But, you also need to load other motherboard chipset drivers.
A simple USB connected cd player is a handy thing to have.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Rioddas-Exte...0317535&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A345VEHWF64TF

As a suggestion, do not take the easy "install all" option or you may install lots of apps that you don't want.

Or, find the requisite drivers and download them to a usb stick on a different pc.
oooo thank you!! my mobo doesn't have the Lan driver for windows 11 but for wi does 10 I downloaded that one but it won't open, what do I do?

Aug 11, 2022
Different motherboards will use different lan hardware.
You need to install the lan software for your particular lan hardware.
Windows basic drivers may not include what your particular hardware needs to run.
yep okay, but how do I install that and connect to the internet?? cus I don't have an Ethernet cable or how it's called?!