My mobo has no bios for W10, should I use Windows 7 or 8 ?

generally you want to use the most up to date bios version you can get for your motherboard. this will give your system the best chance of working correctly with the generic hardware drivers that Microsoft provides with windows. Even then you may have to install custom drivers to get your hardware to work correctly.

Microsoft does not provide bios updates but they do install CPU patches that get loaded each time windows boots. CPU patches work around known bugs in various CPU versions.

leighmorgan395

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
Yeah basicly there's version 1603 I think it is, for Windows 7 and another 1603 for Windows 8.1.

So just curious, would 8.1 be best to choose simply because newer os than 7 or does it just not matter, no difference ?

I'll go for 8.1 like matey with same board as me did. Cheers guys.

leighmorgan395

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
Yeah basicly there's version 1603 I think it is, for Windows 7 and another 1603 for Windows 8.1.

So just curious, would 8.1 be best to choose simply because newer os than 7 or does it just not matter, no difference ?

I'll go for 8.1 like matey with same board as me did. Cheers guys.

The bios should have no difference. Like I said, I think it's just the windows utility to install the bios from windows. If you download it, is it an exe? Then that'll solve the question since that means it's for windows. Bios can be installed in a number of ways without even an os.

leighmorgan395

Reputable
Oct 11, 2017
No there all ROM files you flash using bios ez flash, though it's most the time not easy as it needs to be fat32 drive. Easy to me means plug in what ever the <<watch the language>> storage you got and flash away.

<<Edited>> I'm having the biggest pc nightmare I've ever had in my life, I swear I just cannot win with this <<edited>> pc, spent literally all weekend trouble shooting, fix one problem then another pops up, fixed that then another, it's unbelievable.

Changed thermal paste, fixed my overheating GPU. While I was at it I changed my CPU thermal paste but oh no that wanted to crash so applied thermal paste again, finally got my CPU stable , oh now my bio screen is corrupt well after a whole night I find out it's the hdmi connection on my TV and looks fine with DVI. Next up. Network wireless adapter drivers decide to corrupt and spent a few hours figuring why that wouldn't work. Next up blue screen of death gallore.

This all one after the other. Hardware all checks out fine.<<Edited>>

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Frustration is fine. However, I ask that you check your emotions and words in check, please. Thank you.