Question my mobo lights are on but pc won’t boot.

May 13, 2023
My computer won’t boot even thought the mobo lights are on. it was perfectly fine last night but the back lights of the mobo aren’t on anymore. pwr sw is on and the xled light turns on whenever i click the power button.

motherboard: asus z170 a
graphics card: asus rog 1070
ram: 16gb ddr 4
cpu: intel i7 6700k i think

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? If you are indeed working with an i7-6700K, remove the discrete GPU and see if you're able to get display output from the iGPU/with the display tethered to the motherboard's rear I/O display output ports.

Can you elaborate on this?

Reactions: said3q
May 13, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your PSU and it's age? If you are indeed working with an i7-6700K, remove the discrete GPU and see if you're able to get display output from the iGPU/with the display tethered to the motherboard's rear I/O display output ports.

Can you elaborate on this?
it is gskill ddr4 2133 8gb
and the psu is about 2 years old it’s a 650w 80 bronze powerspec and i tried my other power supppy which is a evga 600w 80plus and what do you mean remove discrete gpu

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
it is gskill ddr4 2133 8gb
and the psu is about 2 years old it’s a 650w 80 bronze powerspec and i tried my other power supppy which is a evga 600w 80plus and what do you mean remove discrete gpu
I believe he means to use the graphics adapter that is integrated to the motherboard/cpu. You'd have to remove or disable your graphics adapter that you are currently using.