Question My monitor almost fell off, and the metal frame won't fit back into the monitor.

Nootnootpenguin

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
There wasn't really any build up to it...when I tried closing my laptop last night, there was a crack and the monitor...slid a tiny bit (like a cm). It looks bizarre/mismatched closed and...when I opened it up to look at the issue, I saw a weird metal frame sticking out from the base of the laptop. I assume it's the thing that supports the monitor itself and it's able to be turned as the laptop closes. I just notice that I try moving the frame a bit annnnd for whatever reason it refuses to move, and it seems stuck in front of the monitor itself.

And...surprisingly, no, I didn't drop it. It just happened.

View: https://imgur.com/a/5YdNtDF
is what it looks like. I ended up being able to take off the plastic in the 2nd one. Tell me if you need a better picture, just go these in a huge rush!

Nootnootpenguin

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
Oh yeah...wait...the weird part is that the metal arm hinge on the left side...it refuses to turn or move. It's stuck. I look at the right one and it's still working and turning. Have no idea what's going on there.