My monitor always say not optimize resolution

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
When I use my computer my monitor just turn black nd it say not optimize resolution, nd it happens very often? I have a Radeon HD6850 nd Samsung sync master712n. Nd I will have to plug my computer to a HDTV nd plug in my Samsung at the same time to fix it. It is very annoying, sometimes it happens just from rebooting. Nd sometime happens when I launch a game. Psst im using window 7 ultimate 64 bit. So can you expert help me plz!!!

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Your monitor's native resolution is 1280 x 1024. So when you are able to see screen, select your Samsung monitor and set your gfx card output to this monitor to 1280 x 1024. You can do it too when you boot to Safe Mode.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
i have this exact same problem with my samsung S27A950 while using a display port cable, never had the problem using dvi.
only way to solve this as far as i know is to turn the monitor off and on.

i've only just updated my graphics card drivers (amd) from v12.4 to v12.6, heres hoping it fixes it.

another problem i've got since switching to a DP cable is sometimes the pc will not wake the monitor up coming out of sleep or from a cold boot, again turning the monitor off and on fixes it.

and btw this happens at the monitors native resolution.

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
ya i connect it to something else and same problem, and when i use it as extended display(able to change it from another other display) and change it to 1280 x 1024 60bit colour, nothing happend and it still said " Not Optimum Mode"

Xtremegey

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

well i can't boot to safe mode, cuz i can't see anything from the display from the moment i turned it on. and i also tried it on other computer and my laptop too, it is set as 1280 x 1024 but nothing happend