[SOLVED] Boot issues with system, USB overcurrent

Jul 11, 2020
My Monitor cannot be detected after 2 consecutive USB Overcurrent scenario happened. What could be the problem? How can I solve this?

Root cause: While I was in game i tried to plug in another device then re-plug usb mouse cord.

Problem:
My monitor cannot be detected (thru HDMI) after 2 consecutive USB Overcurrent scenarios happened. I wasnt able to do any interventions . Then when I tried to reboot my PC the 3rd time, it seemed that my monitor cannot be recognized anymore.

things that i did:
  1. Unplug all cables from CPU
  2. Unplug my RAM Sticks, Vid Card, USB Port, etc
  3. Place everything back. Everything seems running fine
The 4th time I reboot, still it is failed, monitor cant be detected

Btw, hours before this happened:
  1. I got power interruption, I had no AVR/UPS. , only voltage surge protector.
  2. Windows 10 - failing , freezing thereafter
what could be the problem? And what to do about this? Is it the powr supply? Thank youu in advance.

My pc specs:
Ryzen 7 3700
B450
Rtx 2060
Ram 16gb (2x8) 3600Mhz
CV650

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The CV PSU is just a glorified VS unit. I'd suggest that you invest in a more reliably built, quality PSU. Then use an UPS to prevent sudden power failures, not to mention a surge protector.

Lutfij

Titan

The CV PSU is just a glorified VS unit. I'd suggest that you invest in a more reliably built, quality PSU. Then use an UPS to prevent sudden power failures, not to mention a surge protector.

Reactions: MichRx
Solution
Jul 11, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, appreciate it .

TRENDING THREADS