[SOLVED] My monitor changes refresh rate when I change resolution to full HD (1080p or above)

Apr 27, 2020
The new 2020 Adrenalin driver update for amd cards gave me this problem. I tried everything from changing my hdmi cable to disabling the hdmi link assurance. My monitor refresh rate kept changing from 50 hz (sometimes 24hz) when I run my games at 1080p, I have a generic monitor that has a native resolution of 1366x768 60hz but can run 1080p on 60hz. I tried using the old drivers (Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 ) for my GPU (i have an rx 570) and voila the problem was fixed. Everything was running on 60 hz now. How can i fix this with the new drivers?

Solution
I have a generic monitor that has a native resolution of 1366x768 60hz but can run 1080p on 60hz.
If your monitor has a native resolution of 768p, then sending a 1080p signal to it seems kind of pointless, as it will just scale that down to 768p anyway. It's probably better to have the monitor always run at its native resolution, and leave it up to the graphics card to perform the scaling from other resolutions. Or increase the render scaling in games that support it to perform supersampling, which may look better than however the monitor decides to scale the image.
I have a generic monitor that has a native resolution of 1366x768 60hz but can run 1080p on 60hz.
If your monitor has a native resolution of 768p, then sending a 1080p signal to it seems kind of pointless, as it will just scale that down to 768p anyway. It's probably better to have the monitor always run at its native resolution, and leave it up to the graphics card to perform the scaling from other resolutions. Or increase the render scaling in games that support it to perform supersampling, which may look better than however the monitor decides to scale the image.

Solution
Apr 27, 2020
Which monitor is it exactly?

Did you try changing the refresh rate ingame?
I play csgo most of the time and tried to force the refresh rate through the launch options but nothing's changing. It weird too when I alt+tab and go back to the game, the refresh rate goes back to 60 hz.

Apr 27, 2020
I play csgo, i use 4:3 ratio with a 1280x1024, sometimes 1440x1080 resolution and it worked fine with the old drivers, never had problems before the 2020 driver update.