Question My monitor display breaks up whenever I change to 144hz ?

Nov 29, 2021
My monitor is the AOC 24G2W1G4 which supports 144hz. Ive had this for almost 6 months. I left my monitor on for some moment then suddenly my screen started to break in half. Somehow, I changed the resolution and refresh rate to bring it back to its normal form. However, whenever I switch back to 144hz it somehow breaks in half. I have no idea how I can run it in 144hz normally.

DCNOS18

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
What cable are you using to connect it? HDMI or DisplayPort? Were you ever able to run this monitor at 144Hz or just noticed that it hasn't been running full refresh rate now?

gmac104

Reputable
Nov 6, 2017
My monitor is the AOC 24G2W1G4 which supports 144hz. Ive had this for almost 6 months. I left my monitor on for some moment then suddenly my screen started to break in half. Somehow, I changed the resolution and refresh rate to bring it back to its normal form. However, whenever I switch back to 144hz it somehow breaks in half. I have no idea how I can run it in 144hz normally.
I have the same problem....I have a MSI Optix 27C, it used to run at 144hz just fine but for the past 6 months or so whenever I start/restart or come out of hibernation the screen is split just like yours, but I just have about 1-2 cm at the top that is useable........if I wait about 3-4 minutes it self corrects. It is as annoying as hell and I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. I have tried 2 separate DP cables and still the same problem. I have noticed if I switch to a HDMI cable at set the refresh rate to 120 hz everything is fine, but I would like to take advantage of the 144hz refresh rate of my monitor. If you find a solution let me know.

ASK THE COMMUNITY