My monitor flicker vertical!

raindow

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I am using Samsung Syncmaster 2233, Graphic card is ATi Radeon HD 5770. This only occur recently i don't have this problem at the past.

lhaskew

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
First thing to check is the cable. Maybe toss a different one on there just to be sure. If this fails, try hooking it up to a different monitor and see if the problem persists. If this fails, try some driver rehab. Uninstall the current drivers, reboot, install drivers again, reboot. AND if this fails, it is time to start looking at a new graphics card, or send in your current one if it is still under warranty.

Good luck, I hope it all works out.

raindow

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Thanks for the replies. It just happen yesterday. Especially is very irritating when i want to watch movies. vertical lines. i unplug and plug in many times already seems like the same but sometime if i am lucky nothing appear.

Is a pretty old machine, 3years old.
Processor
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor,3200Mhz,4 Cores,4 logical Processors
Mainboard
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT-UD3H
Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 5700 series
Memory
4RAM
Storage Drive
internal 500GB and 2tb, external 1tb
Display
Samsung, 1980 x 1080
Audio
Creative gigaworks T3
Optical Drive
Samsung
Power Supply Unit
N/A
Casing
Coolermaster
Operating System
Window 7

drums101

Distinguished
a good idea as lhaskew said would be to try a different monitor on this machine to see if its the monitor thats the issue...if the problem is still there with the new monitor then the pc or cable is the issue you could also try a different cable to make sure its not that....the purpose is to eliminate everything until you find what is causing the problem then hopefully we can fix it.