My monitor flickers nonstop when I alt tab out of games.

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
When I'm in a game, or sometimes even starting one, and I alt tab, my monitor will flicker nonstop. It will also make the ding noise as if something is getting plugged. The same sound when you plug in a flash drive, though it doesn't make the disconnect sound. My monitor will keep flickering and I'll notice in one of the flickers, it'll switch to like 800 resolution and then back. I've read that matching the refresh rate might help but I have no idea how to do that. The games I play either don't have that in the settings (league of legends), or they are already synced I'm pretty sure. I have dual monitors and have never ran into this until recently. I've tried only using one monitor and I still run into that problem. My main monitor is 75hz with freesync, which I have enabled on it and my graphics card, and my other monitor is only 60hz. Like I've said, I haven't ran into this until recently so I have no idea how to fix this. 99% of the time, I have to restart my whole computer because it just won't stop.

Jerry_61

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Actually I'm not sure if the problem is the monitor as I've noticed it centers my mouse everytime even when I keep moving it. I don't see how it could be the monitor doing that.