Question my monitor goes black during graphics driver install

Oct 30, 2019
i built a pc and when i go to download the graphics driver, it only downloads a bit and then it the screen goes black. The pc itself is still on just that the screen goes black. I've tried doing a ddu uninstaller and everything. I also tried a spare graphics card i have and it did the same thing.

pc parts:
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DVI CFX ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard
power supply:Corsair CX Series 650 Watt 80
ssd:Corsair CX Series 650 Watt 80
cpu: intel Core i5-9600K
gpu:GeForce RTX 2060 AMP 6GB GDDR6
ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz
hard drive:WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive

Oct 30, 2019
Do you have the same issue, if you allow Windows to install the GPU drivers?
Make sure you are connecting the video cable (HDMI/DP) to the right connector.
what do you mean by letting windows download drivers? and the dp cable is connected to the motherboard on the correct slot, if its any help, when i go check the devices it detects the graphic driver and then moments later it disappears and no longer picks up the graphic driver

what do you mean by letting windows download drivers?
Windows can download and install drivers for your PC hardware automatically.

... the dp cable is connected to the motherboard on the correct slot, if its any help, when i go check the devices it detects the graphic driver and then moments later it disappears and no longer picks up the graphic driver
The video cable (HDMI/DP) should be connected to your GPU (GeForce RTX 2060), not to the MSI motherboard.

Oct 30, 2019
Windows can download and install drivers for your PC hardware automatically.

The video cable (HDMI/DP) should be connected to your GPU (GeForce RTX 2060), not to the MSI motherboard.
Sorry I’ve been busy the last couple of days and I meant that the dp is connected to the graphics card and not the motherboard

Oct 30, 2019
Go to settings on the monitor and switch the inputs...and also make sure the resolution on Windows matches or it is lower than the resolution of the monitor.
Make sure your HDMI cable is working.

So the monitor works connected to the integrated graphics?
The monitor works when I plug it with a dp cable

Make sure you have installed the drivers for your GPU or the HDMI output might not work.
https://www.geforce.com/drivers
After you have installed the drivers power off your PC, disconnect the DP cable and connect the HDMI cable.
Make sure your monitor input is set to HDMI.
Power on your PC, you might not see anything until Windows 10 boots and configure itself.
If Windows boots and the display is blank, try to toggle project by pressing the Windows + P keys.

Oct 30, 2019
Make sure you have installed the drivers for your GPU or the HDMI output might not work.
After you have installed the drivers power off your PC, disconnect the DP cable and connect the HDMI cable.
Power on your PC, you might not see anything until Windows 10 boots and configure itself.
If Windows boots and the display is blank, try to toggle project by pressing the Windows + P keys.
I got my hdmi to work on the pc and when I go to download the driver it went half way on the progress bar and the monitor went black

Oct 30, 2019
Also when I go to device manager and go to display, it says “no drivers are installed for this device”

Remove the display adapter from the Device Manager and reboot.
If that does not do it then, download the drivers from Nvidia and unzip the drivers.
Right-click the display in the Device Manager, select Update driver and click on Browse my computer for driver software.
Browse to the Nvidia folder you unzip to update the drivers.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Oct 30, 2019
Remove the display adapter from the Device Manager and reboot.
If that does not do it then, download the drivers from Nvidia and unzip the drivers.
Right-click the display in the Device Manager, select Update driver and click on Browse my computer for driver software.
Browse to the Nvidia folder you unzip to update the drivers.
How exactly do I download the drivers and unzip them, is there some sort of tutorial or something?

Oct 30, 2019
You could use a program like 7-Zip .
After installing 7-Zip, right-click a file and select 7-Zip> Extract to "folder name" to unzip any zipped archive like the drivers.
I’m sorry for the extremely late reply, to this day I’ve been unable to fix my pc at this time I’m considering taking it to someone to fix it, do you have any idea on where I can take it, I know it’s up to where you live but you think anyone at a pc repair can help me with my issue? Where should I take it to get it fix? I know it’s a complicated question .