My monitor goes randomly black (LED stays) for 1-3 seconds while playing a video game or just browsing the web (144hz monitor)

voku

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
So i've been getting this problem ever since I moved to a new house. I thought that it was just a faulty DVI-D cable so I went and got it replaced but still, the problem presisted. I updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest, also nothing. I'm starting to think that this issue is power related and that this house's electricity is kinda weird.
Also my equipment is fairly new (except hdd and PSU), so I don't think it's a dying motherboard/gpu.

Here are my specs

Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti
AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Asrock a320 pro 4 (so no overclocking)
Corsair 3000Mhz 16gb ddr4 Ram
Corsair CM 600W PSU
1TB HDD
AOC G2460PF 144hz monitor

teslacoilftw

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
A brown out would make you loose power on every equipment attached to that Electrical outlet..
So... most likely not that unless your monitor is some how on another outlet.
Hopefully everything you invested in for your computer you also invested in a decent Surge Protector.

I agree with scgazelle... Clean uninstall all your Nvidia Drivers... the Clean install.

I'd consider trying an HDMI cable with the AOC.. if the AOC has a port to verify it's not the port on the video card.
If that video card has 2 DVi' ports try swapping ports.. making sure you "power" off" your monitor before switching.
Some Monitors have Native resolutions..
I'd also suggest looking into your Monitor settings "if" the reinstallation of the software doesn't work and determine what your native resolution is showing as.

voku

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Okay so i had a weird breakthrough with this problem, I just tested it again, and when I get a phone call and my phone is next to my monitor, it goes f***ing black as long as the phone is ringing. I don't know what the problem is but imma have to RMA it ASAP, thanks for the suggestions everyone, and if you still know a possible reason why this happens, please let me know! THANKS

voku

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Apparently this issue is frequency related, as i've just tested it. So when I get a phone call/notification or anything related to my phone my monitor goes blank as a result to that (when my phone is close to my screen). So now all i got a do is RMA back to the store. Thanks for the effort though!

disconnect all video cables to monitor except for power cable. a message should come up on the screen stating "no signal detected" or something similar. if also have a landline phone besides cell phone then use the landline to call the cell phone sitting beside your monitor to see if the screen blanks out or not as sounds like a shielding issue.

voku

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Ok so i just tested with what you said, but it didn't work, so I started testing with my dvi at 144hz and 60hz and got the same outcome which is a blank screen for the duration of the phone ringing. now i'm using an HDMI cable and so far I haven't had any problem with that. Been calling for a while and no black screens for HDMI, so I think something wrong when i Use it with DVI-D. I don't have a display port so I can't test it with that either

teslacoilftw

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Sounds like the DVI cable has a Shield Problem from EFI. This is the reason why Airlines tell people to turn off cell phones.. "the" just in case your phones frequency starts distorting instrument panels...

voku

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

The thing is that i've already bought a new dvi cable and it still did the same thing, so the possibilty of both dvi cables being faulty is rare. What do you want me to test with the ohm meter?

voku

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

I borrowed my friend's GPU today and tested with that, still the same result, so it has to be the monitor that can't handle my phones frequency