My Monitor/Graphics Card isn't recognizing Displayport.

tommyn123

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
Graphics Card: EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 ti super-cocked
Monitor: Phillips Brilliance 144hz Gaming Monitor 24"

Recently my monitor stopped reading the display port hook up i have to my graphics card and it was working fine before, then it randomly doesn't start up.

also i have a secondary monitor with a dvi hook up. was working fine until about a week ago.

my computer wont turn on to the loading screen unless i unplug the display port connector.
(btw the cable is from here http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B005H3Q59U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413580027&sr=8-1&keywords=display+port )

i just thought it was a faulty cable so i just bought another one and it still doesn't work, if you guys can help me that'd be great.

Domo20121

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014
Have you checked what input your monitor is set to? (ex: HDMI, DVI, VGA, etc...) Check what it's set to when it's working, and when it's not. You also may want to try taking out your graphics card ,make sure the connections are clean, and plug it back in firmly. You may also want to check if the input plug on your monitor is loose. Worst case scenario: you have to buy a new screen.

tommyn123

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014

the only time when the display actually read something was when i have the HDMI plugged into it. i checked my cables and they fit pretty firm, just thought it might a driver issue? do i have to have any specific driver to set the displayport.

now that i mention it, i think after i updated my driver for geforce it stopped working. i have no idea if thats the case.

Domo20121

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2014

Then yes, I think it's probably the drivers. Try downgrading version by version until you find one that works for you. I've had the same problem with nVidia drivers. Some of them are just arse... If it still doesn't work, you may want to try testing the ports on your your monitor with another computer.

tommyn123

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014

i tried to do all the drivers and it still doesnt seem to work. i know my displayport isnt broken because when i plug it into the monitor it switches to displayport but it just says it doesnt recognize it

TRENDING THREADS