[SOLVED] My monitor is plugged in to GPU with an hdmi, if i uninstall GPU driver will i lose monitor display?

Solution
Please help, im trying to uninstall my driver.

Hi @diva1523445

Welcome to the forums! :)

Nope. You can uninstall the drivers. If you uninstall the GPU driver, then Windows will just use it's own default driver. All your desktop icons will be big and you'll not be able to tweak your resolution much past basic settings but your PC will still turn on and you'll be able to see whats on the screen. (Much like when Windows is 1st installed, there are no dedicated GPU drivers then, but the monitor still turns on)

What is it you're trying to do?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Please help, im trying to uninstall my driver.

Hi @diva1523445

Nope. You can uninstall the drivers. If you uninstall the GPU driver, then Windows will just use it's own default driver. All your desktop icons will be big and you'll not be able to tweak your resolution much past basic settings but your PC will still turn on and you'll be able to see whats on the screen. (Much like when Windows is 1st installed, there are no dedicated GPU drivers then, but the monitor still turns on)

Solution
Oct 6, 2020
Hi @diva1523445

Really, so i would not get black screens after deleting Drivers? because my gpu is connected to my monitor through hdmi and im afraid... Thanks for the answer tho

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Really, so i would not get black screens after deleting Drivers? because my gpu is connected to my monitor through hdmi and im afraid... Thanks for the answer tho

(Much like when Windows is 1st installed, there are no dedicated GPU drivers then, but the monitor still turns on)

If your monitor is not displaying, it's not due to uninstalling the driver. There is an underlying issue. What GPU do you have? Tried changing the source on your monitor? When does the screen go black? At the desktop I'd presume? When was the last time you reinstalled your OS?

TRENDING THREADS