Question My monitor is set to Intel graphic card and not my NVIDA GeForce.

Sep 11, 2019
Hey there,

So every time i choose 144hz refreshrate my monitor goes black and says "no signal" and i saw some YouTube videos, and they wanted me to go to the "advanced settings for display" under Display in Windows 10 settings, i went there and then i saw that my monitor was set to my integrated graphic card and not my NVIDIA GeForce one, how can i change that?

And also, my other question is, Why does my monitor go black and says "No Signal" everytime i change to 144hz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1050 Ti
Monitor: AOC AG273QCG 27" (i just bought it yesterday)

Wolfshadw

Titan
What rdg1101 is referring to is where in the back of your PC are you connecting the display?

JxyFiSe.jpg

While this is a Dell computer, it still illustrates what we mean.

The Yellow Box shows where you'd connect your display to use your Intel HD Graphics.
The Red Box shows where you'd connect your display to use your NVidia graphics card.

-Wolf sends

Sep 11, 2019
What rdg1101 is referring to is where in the back of your PC are you connecting the display?

JxyFiSe.jpg

While this is a Dell computer, it still illustrates what we mean.

The Yellow Box shows where you'd connect your display to use your Intel HD Graphics.
The Red Box shows where you'd connect your display to use your NVidia graphics card.

-Wolf sends
Thanks, but i have a laptop, and i use mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort, and there’s only one slot on my laptop, will Intel still support 144hz?

Wolfshadw

Titan
From what I've been able to find online is that there may be a switch in BIOS that allows you to enable the GTX 1050 graphics for the HDMI and MiniDP ports, but if such a switch is not available, then it appears the externals can only use the Intel HD UMA graphics.

-Wolf sends

Sep 11, 2019
From what I've been able to find online is that there may be a switch in BIOS that allows you to enable the GTX 1050 graphics for the HDMI and MiniDP ports, but if such a switch is not available, then it appears the externals can only use the Intel HD UMA graphics.

-Wolf sends
What does BIOS mean?

Wolfshadw

Titan
BIOS - Basic Input/Output System: Essentially, the programming that tells your components how to "talk" to each other. When you first power up your laptop, you may see a black screen with white text which describes your computer components. This is called the Power On Self Test or POST. At the bottom of this screen you may see an option to press a specific key to enter Setup. If you have this option, then you can press that key during POST to enter BIOS.

BIOS is not a place to just randomly start changing options. There may have severe and unintended effects on the operation of your computer. If is recommended that you do a lot of research to understand what each setting means before digging in to try and change anything. Either that or have someone that knows what they're doing search the BIOS for the option you're looking for (if it exists) and make the change for you.

-Wolf sends

Sep 11, 2019
BIOS - Basic Input/Output System: Essentially, the programming that tells your components how to "talk" to each other. When you first power up your laptop, you may see a black screen with white text which describes your computer components. This is called the Power On Self Test or POST. At the bottom of this screen you may see an option to press a specific key to enter Setup. If you have this option, then you can press that key during POST to enter BIOS.

BIOS is not a place to just randomly start changing options. There may have severe and unintended effects on the operation of your computer. If is recommended that you do a lot of research to understand what each setting means before digging in to try and change anything. Either that or have someone that knows what they're doing search the BIOS for the option you're looking for (if it exists) and make the change for you.

-Wolf sends
Thank you very much!! Well that’s my last chance i guess, i’ll try it out when i Get home, thanks for all the help!

On a laptop, you will have two display adapters.
the GTX1050ti and integrated intel, probably HD630.
If you are plugged into the wall, you will by default use the discrete GTX1050ti adapter which has better capabilities.
If you are running on battery, you will be using HD630 with less capability.

You can see which you are using if you right click on the desktop and select the nvidia control panel.

In the event you can't find the nvidia control panel, you might need to reinstall the latest nvidia drivers for your laptop GTX1050ti adapter.
It looks like you have both HDMI and dp aux monitor capabilities.
HDMI will likely be limited to 60hz. Displayport has the potential to go faster.
Your mini dp tp DP adapter is the right connection.
I think the specs of a GTX1050ti only allow a max of 60hz.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019
On a laptop, you will have two display adapters.
the GTX1050ti and integrated intel, probably HD630.
If you are plugged into the wall, you will by default use the discrete GTX1050ti adapter which has better capabilities.
If you are running on battery, you will be using HD630 with less capability.

You can see which you are using if you right click on the desktop and select the nvidia control panel.

In the event you can't find the nvidia control panel, you might need to reinstall the latest nvidia drivers for your laptop GTX1050ti adapter.
It looks like you have both HDMI and dp aux monitor capabilities.
HDMI will likely be limited to 60hz. Displayport has the potential to go faster.
Your mini dp tp DP adapter is the right connection.
I think the specs of a GTX1050ti only allow a max of 60hz.
Thanks, but i dont think i can change that in the NVIDIA control panel, the only things i can change in the NVIDIA control panel is «3D settings»