My monitor keeps going black

Riku__

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
Ok not long ago i asked the forum a question about my monitor, when it displays the colour black small red lines appear over it. I found a solution, pushing the top of the monitor so the monitor goes on a lean. Then the monitor is fixed. Now whenever it displays orange and a light brown colour some pixels just flash light green. My desktop picture was a picture of bb-8 from the new star wars movie and the whole monitor just went black after all the pixels go out of line. I have a few pictures of proof if you need it. On my last question we worked out it's the monitor thats the problem and the monitor is 6 years old. Am i going to need to buy a new monitor? Or is there an EASY fix because i'm not too good with fixing monitors

Riku__

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016

Yes i have tried different cables. My graphics card has only hdmi, display port and 2 dvi where the monitor has only dvi and vga so i tried two different dvi cables and screwed them on really tightly.

Yeah it sucks when a monitor starts to die.. My first monitor (sony trinitron 15in crt) I ever bought lasted me 15 years and then the blue died. It still puts out an image but is it really funky.. Oh and can you use the "Pick as the solution" button on whatever post was most helpful so that this thread is marked as solved?