Question My monitor keeps turning off and back on

Alkimia7945

Prominent
Dec 17, 2020
My monitor has been turning off and on at the most random times and I have no clue what could be causing it. Maybe it's overheating, if so how do I fix this problem?

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
My monitor has been turning off and on at the most random times and I have no clue what could be causing it. Maybe it's overheating, if so how do I fix this problem?

I would:

Check to see if it's ventilation holes are clogged with dust and proceed to clean them out. If you can take the back off and do the entire interior is best.

Check your power brick (if there is one) to see if it's putting out the proper amount of power, and how hot it's getting as well.

Alkimia7945

Prominent
Dec 17, 2020
I would:

Check to see if it's ventilation holes are clogged with dust and proceed to clean them out. If you can take the back off and do the entire interior is best.

Check your power brick (if there is one) to see if it's putting out the proper amount of power, and how hot it's getting as well.
I thought it was the ventilation, so I decided to clean it but nope! There was barely any dust and it keeps happening As for the power, I don't think that's the problem either.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I thought it was the ventilation, so I decided to clean it but nope! There was barely any dust and it keeps happening As for the power, I don't think that's the problem either.

Perhaps a bit more detail might be in order. In addition to the above aspect about the static, give us some deets about the system it's connected to.

I (hope) would think you are discussing a different issue than Windows own power saving features....

When it cuts off will it turn right back on with a mouse movement, space bar, do you have to power cycle the monitor, the computer?