[SOLVED] My monitor no longer recognises my PC after a failed chipset Driver update.

Mar 27, 2020
Hi guys and gals, I’m not a tech savvy by any means that’s why I’m asking for your help. As of late, I have been having issues with my my mouse freezing every couple of seconds. I tried everything I could but no solution. And then a thread showed up which suggested to update the chipset driver and that’s what I did but that’s where the problem starts. I went to the motherboard’s BIOS and I clicked on the M-flash option. I waited ten minutes and nothing was popping up. I didn’t ask me to proceed with the installation of anything for that matter. My monitor went dark and my pc still continued running. I panicked and here is where I screwed up as I decided to switch off the PC. I tried different solutions to get my monitor to recognise my PC by turning off the pc completely, I removed the CMOS battery briefly but no results. I don’t think I have bricked the motherboard as I only clicked on the M-flash drive and nothing more. Can you please suggest any solutions for this case? Thank you very much and sorry for the terrible formatting but I’m typing from my phone.

Solution
That’s where I think I screwed up. I used a USB to download the chipset driver for my motherboard, but at the time I wasn’t aware that BIOS and chipset drive are different things so I went to the bios and I clicked the M-flash opinion and after that nothing else showed up. My PC just kept on running with nothing popping up and after a while I panicked and switched off the PC. I didn’t download a new bios, I was only interested on downloading the chipset drive but now that I think about it I think i have made a mistake and gone and flashed my chipset driver into my bios. Do you think I might have broken the motherboard?
Some motherboards have a way to revert to a previous BIOS version. Need to see in the manual if your...
Mar 27, 2020
That’s where I think I screwed up. I used a USB to download the chipset driver for my motherboard, but at the time I wasn’t aware that BIOS and chipset drive are different things so I went to the bios and I clicked the M-flash opinion and after that nothing else showed up. My PC just kept on running with nothing popping up and after a while I panicked and switched off the PC. I didn’t download a new bios, I was only interested on downloading the chipset drive but now that I think about it I think i have made a mistake and gone and flashed my chipset driver into my bios. Do you think I might have broken the motherboard?

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
Some motherboards have a way to revert to a previous BIOS version. Need to see in the manual if your motherboard has such a feature and if it doesn't how could it be restored or installed the correct file. Removing the battery usually is for clearing the CMOS and force reset the settings to default, not sure if it would work in your situation. If possible need to take a look at the manual https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK#down-manual and how it could be done or contact the manufacturer for support.

Any kind of driver update should be done from Windows/Linux (or whatever OS you are using).

Solution