[SOLVED] My monitor stopped working

Adas556

Reputable
Jun 24, 2017
I was watching YouTube video, and randomly the monitor started flickering and flashing. And then it went black. I ca only see screen for like 1 second when I turn it off and then turn it on. I am running on latest graphics drivers. The monitor itself is really old, I believe it's like 10 years old. The monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 940nw. Maybe anyone knows a fix for this problem?

BlazingAngels

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
I was watching YouTube video, and randomly the monitor started flickering and flashing. And then it went black. I ca only see screen for like 1 second when I turn it off and then turn it on. I am running on latest graphics drivers. The monitor itself is really old, I believe it's like 10 years old. The monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 940nw. Maybe anyone knows a fix for this problem?
Your monitor may have failed. Does the monitor still have the Power LED on when it flickers and then there is no display? You could try a different cable, if that doesn't work its definitely time to replace it. Its sounds like it's quite old.

TRENDING THREADS