Question My monitor suddenly black-screens with DisplayPort but works with HDMI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2022
Hi, i have 2 monitor both only have vga/d-sub input so i'm using displayport to vga converter and hdmi to vga converter.

I've been using dual monitor for 10 month but suddenly now my monitor which i plugged through displayport is just black screen, but it is detected and works if i plug that monitor into HDMI. I noticed my DisplayPort works only when my pc boots in to Safe Mode, when there is no gpu driver installed, in bios, and when motherboard logo showed up, but after that it goes black screen ?

My PC Specs
Monitor 1 : LG W1953SE
Monitor 2 : LG 19M38A
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450M Pro M2 Max
Sapphire Nitro RX580 4gb
Antec VP500P Plus

Things i've tried :
  • Upgrade or downgrade gpu driver version
  • Clean install windows
  • Replace converter and vga/d-sub cable
  • Clear cmos
  • Reseat my gpu
  • Updating motherboard bios
  • Using different gpu (rx 570)
  • Take out my motherboard from case and test it outside the case
  • Using Displayport to hdmi converter and connect it to my TV which have full hd resolution
  • Using different wall outlet
But no change at all.

Can anyone help me, what's wrong with my pc? thank you very much

Have you tried doing a clean install of the AMD video drivers using the DDU? If not, try that first.

I would also make sure that ALL of the available drivers (Except for storage/RAID) from your motherboard's product page have been manually brought up to date including chipset (.inf), network drivers and audio drivers.

Jul 6, 2022
Have you tried doing a clean install of the AMD video drivers using the DDU? If not, try that first.

I would also make sure that ALL of the available drivers (Except for storage/RAID) from your motherboard's product page have been manually brought up to date including chipset (.inf), network drivers and audio drivers.
The displayport works after uninstalling the gpu drivers using DDU software, but i can only use single monitor through hdmi port or displayport and i can't extend or duplicate it to my other monitor. After installing the gpu drivers, the displayport not working again and blackscreen after motherboard logo

I've already updating all available drivers on my motherboard website (except for storage) but nothing change at all

Ok, then this is almost certainly a Windows problem, not a hardware problem.

I'd suggest making a bootable flash drive with Ubuntu on it, and boot from it, and see if you have the same problem or not. I suspect you won't and then we can try to figure out why this is happening in Windows.

Jul 6, 2022
Ok, then this is almost certainly a Windows problem, not a hardware problem.

I'd suggest making a bootable flash drive with Ubuntu on it, and boot from it, and see if you have the same problem or not. I suspect you won't and then we can try to figure out why this is happening in Windows.
My Ubuntu 20.04.4 detected second monitor. But it still like when i’m booting into windows, blackscreen after BIOS Logo

Jul 6, 2022
Try disconnecting your boot drive when you boot from the flash drive into Ubuntu. If that doesn't change anything, then I'm at a loss.
Still same, nothing change 😞 well maybe i should bring my pc to computer store so they can test with another mobo or gpu. thank you so much for your help i really appreciate it, have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.