Question My monitor won't connect to my PC ever since I moved ?

Jul 27, 2022
Before I get to talking, these are my pc specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX EVGA 3080
Tforce 32 RAM
Asus Rog Strix B550-F gaming with wifi
Corsair RM1000X power supply
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HARD DRIVE
1TB Samsung EvoPlus SSD
Corsair RGB fans (I forgot the exact name)
Corsair icue h100i elite

Fnatic React Plus (Headset)
Phantom Tecware 87 Keyboard
Suirui webcam
Superlight X mouse

I was moving from California to Nevada and left the car unattended twice for around 30-45 minutes, I'm not sure if the heat might have affected the parts. I have two problems, the first time I boot up my pc ever since moving there was no display, so I tried several different HDMI and Display Port cables, sometimes it was 50/50, and it took me 30 minutes to finally start up the pc. Now the other problem, every time I play big games like modern warfare, apex legends, or Fortnite it crashes, it completely shuts down my monitor but not my pc, it's still running but the fans get noticeably louder. Before the screen goes blank, everything freezes and little bits of color come to appear on the screen. I reinstalled my drivers, but no luck. I took out my GPU to put it in a different PCIe slot and it still does the same thing, and even reinstalled my ram too. I check up on my CPU temperatures, usually during idle it's around 30 c, but now it reaches up to 40 and heats up pretty quickly when I opened modern warfare, like 40 to a high 60 within seconds.

It should also be noted that there are a lot of plugs connected, so would you guys think it's a power surge? I don't think there should be any replacements for my parts because this pc is fairly new, I've only had it for around 7 months. Do I have to get a GPU repair? I'm really scared because this was a lot of money for both my parents, I really don't want this pc to go to waste.

Jul 27, 2022
I need help, my monitor won't connect to my pc ever since I moved, it was a 4-hour drive from California to Vegas. I'm not sure if its my GPU or my RAM.

I need help, my monitor won't connect to my pc ever since I moved, it was a 4-hour drive from California to Vegas. I'm not sure if its my GPU or my RAM.
have you tried to determine whether the display is bad or if it's a system component?

try another display on this system and/or try this display on another system;
if you have a TV, connect it to the system.
if you have a cable box, connect this display to the cable box.

it can also be a damaged cable.
try a replacement.
whether you are using HDMI, DP, or some older method is also important to the discussion.

-edit-
you left out a majority of the information in your second thread regarding this problem you're facing so just ignore anything that was previously answered in your original thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: araz29

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add another suggestion regarding:

"Now the other problem, every time I play big games like modern warfare, apex legends, or Fortnite it crashes, it completely shuts down my monitor but not my pc, "

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

Noted that you checked GPU and RAM.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Check by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place including case panel connections.

Something else may have come loose during the move. Maybe a fan connection....

Reactions: araz29