Question My monitors both work separately, but when I plug both in, they both start flickering and turning off.

Jul 11, 2019
So, I have 2 monitors, one plugged into a DVI-D port, and the other into a HDMI port (the HDMI one is my main monitor). They both work when I only plug one in and leave the other unplugged, but when I plug both in, the screens start flickering and turning off after a few seconds. I'm not sure what to do, as all of my wires and my monitors work, and all of the threads I've found have had to do with broken wires or monitors, but would love some help if anyone knows what I could do.

Specs: RX 580 GPU with an Intel Core i5-7500 CPU

Thanks!

Aug 10, 2019
i have the same issue and same GPU, ill watch this thread for hope as well. Even booting in safe mode its like the gpu wont see a 2nd monitor and tries to share the connection with both. they both worked before for about a year, we had to move our comps and when i plugged em back in they both dont want to work, they both work on thier own but not when you plug a 2nd in. Tried new cables, different ports, changing settings, forcing windows to detect monitors, nada