[SOLVED] My monitors lose signal randomly

Jun 15, 2020
I built my pc like 2 days ago and on the first day my monitor randomly turned black and said no signal but my pc was still lit up and working and this problem happened a couple times throughout the day.When this did happen I would have to hold my power button until my pc turned off then I would turn it back on. On day 2 this problem only happened when I tried to stream on YouTube and I dont know how to fix. Btw the pc isnt over heated when the crash happens.

My CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5500 XT 4GB
RAM: Crucial ballistix 16GB
Power supply:Aerocool 600w
Motherboard:
ASROCK B450M STEEL LEGEND

Solution
I built my pc like 2 days ago and on the first day my monitor randomly turned black and said no signal but my pc was still lit up and working and this problem happened a couple times throughout the day.When this did happen I would have to hold my power button until my pc turned off then I would turn it back on. On day 2 this problem only happened when I tried to stream on YouTube and I dont know how to fix. Btw the pc isnt over heated when the crash happens.

Motherboard:
I fixed my problem by getting rid of adapter and connecting my GPU with monitor directly via DVI-D TO DVI-D cable. If you...

Bach0

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
I have same problem with my new GPU, i use HDMI TO VGA Adapter and screen goes black/ i hear Windows USB connect/disconnect sounds while gaming until i exit the game. The problem for me is either bad adapter or monitor, which probably can't handle my GPU. I know this because i connected my GPU to HDTV via HDMI cable and everything worked fine without problems. My monitor doesn't have HDMI port. This doesn't mean that Monitor is faulty, but probably it is the source of problems and not the PC

Bach0

Distinguished
May 2, 2013

Motherboard:
I fixed my problem by getting rid of adapter and connecting my GPU with monitor directly via DVI-D TO DVI-D cable. If you are using an adapter you can try this too

Solution