[SOLVED] My Mother accidently upgraded to Windows 10

Oct 25, 2019
I would like to roll my mother's computer back to it's original configuration of Window's 7. The machine is an eMachine that originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. The processor is an Intel Celeron. She doesn't mind Win10, but the computer has come to a standstill. I've slaved her HD to my computer, and I have backed up all of her personal files (she had not backed anything up), so I'm ready to do a complete clean install. Here's my problem though. When I type in the Window's Product Key from the sticker, Microsoft says this OS was pre-installed by the device manufacturer. It then proceeds to tell me to contact eMachine, which I have.

eMachine website has no place for downloading Win7 that I can tell. We are way past the 30 day period of getting the old windows file and restoring. She has no backup.

Any advice what I should do? This little PC seems like a pretty good machine, just screwed up by Windows. Probably a driver?? Honestly, I know my mother didn't know what she was doing when she allowed it to update, and I would like to help her get it going again without have to buy a new windows installation, if that is possible. Any guidance from here would be appreciated.

Thanks!