[SOLVED] my motherboard asrock b450m integrated card does not give signal

Oct 1, 2021
Hello friends, I am Chilean, I am writing to you with a translator, my English is very basic.

buy me an asrock b450m steel legend card

and put a ryzen 5 3600x processor in it

buy new hyper fury memory 8gb ddr4 3200mhz

and a cougar vte 600 w power supply (new)

The computer turns on fine, turns on all its lights and its coolers work, when I connect the keyboard it gives me the option to reset with height control and delete

but the problem is that nothing can be seen, it has no hdmi video signal

At the moment I do not have how to test the display port, because in my country this output is not very common

Could you guide me towards what to try ???

Solution
H3db29b6588e34f118e7d31192e061c19P.jpg

thank you very much for answering

but it says amd radeon graphics card
for apu?

Does this mean that my processor does not work?
You don't have a Ryzen series APU(CPU with integrated graphics).
Note * Actual support may vary by CPU. Your 3600x is not an APU so it has no support for the video ports on the motherboard.
Your 3600x will work just fine you just need to add a GPU for the system to work.

bignastyid

Titan
H3db29b6588e34f118e7d31192e061c19P.jpg

thank you very much for answering

but it says amd radeon graphics card
for apu?

Does this mean that my processor does not work?
You don't have a Ryzen series APU(CPU with integrated graphics).
Note * Actual support may vary by CPU. Your 3600x is not an APU so it has no support for the video ports on the motherboard.
Your 3600x will work just fine you just need to add a GPU for the system to work.

Reactions: nWoHiTmAn316
Solution
AMD coined the term APU to make consumers think that getting an IGP on your CPU was something special....even though Intel had included IGPs since Nehalem so consumers haven't been used to worrying about whether they'd NEED a dGPU in their system. Furthermore, since AMD's "Bulldozer" architecture was so poor, it was mostly ignored until their recent Ryzen architecture in 2016. So the concept of not getting an IGP on your CPU is still a relatively new concept for a lot of consumers.