[SOLVED] My motherboard don't have enough conector for 2 cooling

tonywong2015

Honorable
Sep 14, 2018
I have a Asus Z390a Prime, I try to use 2 cooling, one for the CPU and the other for the GPU with nzxt kraken g12 custom, my problem the motherboard doesn't have enough fan connector and need 2 usb port, I afraid if I use a extension i will have problem with not enough energy in the connector.

Models: nzxt z73 and nzxt x53

Solution
I have a Asus Z390a Prime, I try to use 2 cooling, one for the CPU and the other for the GPU with nzxt kraken g12 custom, my problem the motherboard doesn't have enough fan connector and need 2 usb port, I afraid if I use a extension i will have problem with not enough energy in the connector.

Extension will be fine the ports will provide more then the required power for the front pannel connectors and pump/fans what ever is being powered off of it. Niether require "to much power" but that being said that dont consume that little of power either. The thing that i would be more scared of is corrupted data between file transfers using a extension i have heard of people having these issues before...

Extension will be fine the ports will provide more then the required power for the front pannel connectors and pump/fans what ever is being powered off of it. Niether require "to much power" but that being said that dont consume that little of power either. The thing that i would be more scared of is corrupted data between file transfers using a extension i have heard of people having these issues before where the splitter wont be able to tell what is what and send data down the wrong data/power lane then people will lose it... So i wouldn't move files over that port but only copy....

Solution