My motherboard dosent have a vga port

Jul 19, 2018
Hello guys so today i got a really old computer off my unlce and it dosent have a vga port neither hdmi the motherboard is an asus p5gd1-fm/s

Solution
What are you trying to do with it?

Yes it does not have any display ports. That's because no CPU's of that time (or at least on that platform) had integrated graphics so there would be no use for a VGA port on the mobo. You need a dedicated GPU to get a display using that motherboard and a CPU that works with it.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
What are you trying to do with it?

Yes it does not have any display ports. That's because no CPU's of that time (or at least on that platform) had integrated graphics so there would be no use for a VGA port on the mobo. You need a dedicated GPU to get a display using that motherboard and a CPU that works with it.

Solution

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Ebay. I don't know maybe a 7900gt or something, my knowledge of GPU's only goes back so far. I believe the 7900gt came out around the same time as the Pentium 4. The 8800gts would also probably work. Either should be dirt cheap at this point.

mgallo848

Commendable
7900 GT (I had one) was the last/fastest AGP card released before the switch to PCI-e. I believe it was also released on AGP and PCI-e so you have to make sure of that.

Actually, your motherboard supports pci-e video cards.

I don't know what you're looking to do but a pentium 4 isn't going to play any games from the last 10 years. You could get away with something like Call Of Duty 4 but anything newer than that is going to be a bad experience. Even Minecraft won't play on that CPU.

Motherboard has one (1) PCI Express 16x slot for video card and no AGP slot.

Intel Pentium 4 P4 670
https://www.ebay.com/i/392073031251?chn=ps

The Intel 915 Chipset does not support ANY dual-core processors. It is an old PC not worth putting much money into.

Details about ATI Radeon X1900XT 256MB DDR3 PCI Express (PCIe) Dual DVI Video Card w/TV-Out
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATI-Radeon-X1900XT-256MB-DDR3-PCI-Express-PCIe-Dual-DVI-Video-Card-w-TV-Out/371153556881?hash=item566a79d591:g:m8AAAOSwwNVTsjAY

mgallo848

Commendable
The best CPU it will take is called "P4-672". You will have to find it used somewhere like ebay.

it gets about 10 frames per second in games like GTA 15.

DO NOT waste good money on that system. You can browse stuff like Facebook but not much else (unless you want to play games from 10 years ago)

Good luck.

Jul 19, 2018
Ok thank you everybody for your time im gonna see what ill do with it in the future the pc was free and you gotta always accept free stuff even if it is a pentium 4 from 60 years ago anyway thank you everybody for your time have a nice day/night