[SOLVED] My Motherboard Drivers Will Not Install

Feb 4, 2021
So I built my PC a week and a half ago and half a week after I built it , it started having all the peripherals turn off randomly and I would have to unplug the pc to get it back. I messed with it and got it so that when it turns off to come back on now but that is it. My friend suggested that I get drivers so I got nvidia (for GPU) and AMD drivers (for MOBO), but I apparently had not installed the AMD drivers all the way.

Today, I extracted the files, launched the application, and installed the four drivers it said, and got to the restart button. However, everytime I restart using the button, it acts like I have done anything past extract the files when my pc has restarted back up, so I redo the process. I have done this loop 5 times now and don't know what to do. I found some people say to uninstall the previous drivers but that doesn't help me since I have no chipset drivers in the first place.

My motherboard is the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus. These are the drivers I am trying to install https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-PLUS#down-driver&Win10 64

Please Help.

Solution
Hi GetYourSomeSoup.

Let's start with the Windows 10 you installed. Where did it come from? What version was it? Is it the latest Windows 10 install created using Windows Media Creation Tool or a 3-4 years old version on a DVD?

When you install Windows 10 the steps below are to be followed in that order.
Hi GetYourSomeSoup.

Let's start with the Windows 10 you installed. Where did it come from? What version was it? Is it the latest Windows 10 install created using Windows Media Creation Tool or a 3-4 years old version on a DVD?

If all of this have been installed everything should be ok.

What is your full system specs including PSU brand and model?

Solution
Feb 4, 2021
I did not install the drivers immediately or in order so that could be the issue. I will try that when my pc comes back on as right now it has shut off like I said it was doing. I am going to post another thread about that before I continue as it is a different issue but must be resolved before I can fix this.

Feb 4, 2021
Yes. It is weird because after I made the pc for 4 days it was fine but then it started randomly having all the peripherals shut off, with everything in the case staying on except with an added red light being on out of a set four next to the word CPU. I have to turn off the power supply too if I want to get the pc to turn off, but when it turns back on everything is fine until it crashes again. For some reason, pushing the ram sticks in 2 days ago had made it start coming back on after shutting down, but now it seems like that doesn’t work anymore. I have seen some posts with similar issues, except that my pc can come back on when I remove power and return power

Yes. It is weird because after I made the pc for 4 days it was fine but then it started randomly having all the peripherals shut off, with everything in the case staying on except with an added red light being on out of a set four next to the word CPU. I have to turn off the power supply too if I want to get the pc to turn off, but when it turns back on everything is fine until it crashes again. For some reason, pushing the ram sticks in 2 days ago had made it start coming back on after shutting down, but now it seems like that doesn’t work anymore. I have seen some posts with similar issues, except that my pc can come back on when I remove power and return power

Can I assume that the system has a very low quality PSU?

What is it? Brand and model?

Feb 4, 2021
Msi GeForce 1650 super Ventus XS GPU
AMD ryzen 7 3700X CPU and cooler
Crucial Ballostix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM
RM650 gold 80 Corsair power supply
Msi mpg x570 gaming plus motherboard
Seagate Barracuda Compute storage
Regular windows 10 from a key

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021
Hi GetYourSomeSoup.

If all of this have been installed everything should be ok.

What is your full system specs including PSU brand and model?

Actually I was able to get everything installed thanks to this. I don't know about my crash issues but this answered my main question. I made another thread for the crash issue.