[SOLVED] My Motherboard fried, was it my power supply's fault or something else?

Mar 17, 2020
Hello everyone, i' me here today asking help because a few days ago, after having bought a new graphic card, my motheeboard fried.

I bought an XFX Radeo rx 570 and put it on my Asus B85m-g and for the first two days, everything seemed fine but then, the third day, while i was playing The Divison 2, my Pc turned off. After some tests, i figured out that the only thing that didn't work anymore was my motherboard.
At first i thought that it was my power supply's fault, which is only 500 W but now, after looking on some forums, i'm not so sure anyomore.
So the final question is: is it my power supply's fault or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance and i hope you can forgive me for my bad english

Solution
I connected it with a connector i bought on amazon (the brand is J&D) and plugged it in from the grapich card to one of the free sata entrys that the power supply had. I even had to unplug the cd player, otherwise it could not even turn on the pc and it was in fact this that made me suspect the power supply.
That's no good. If the power supply does not have the required connectors then it was not made to do the job you want it for. Using adapters can be a dangerous solution. You need to replace the power supply with a better model made for a gaming video card.
Mar 17, 2020
The XFX RX 570 requires an 8-pin power connector. How did you connect the power supply to the video card?
I connected it with a connector i bought on amazon (the brand is J&D) and plugged it in from the grapich card to one of the free sata entrys that the power supply had. I even had to unplug the cd player, otherwise it could not even turn on the pc and it was in fact this that made me suspect the power supply.

That's no good. If the power supply does not have the required connectors then it was not made to do the job you want it for. Using adapters can be a dangerous solution. You need to replace the power supply with a better model made for a gaming video card.

Solution
Those type of adapters are a bad idea. It’s a strong indication the psu is inadequate. It is common for cheap low quality psu’s to misguide buyers with their wattage claims.

Mar 17, 2020
Thanks both of you, I was thinking of buying this Power Supply. since one of my friends has ine, I had him send me picture of the connectors he has and fortunately he has all the ones I need. Do you think it's a good idea tu buy it or should I look for another one?

Thanks both of you, I was thinking of buying this Power Supply. since one of my friends has ine, I had him send me picture of the connectors he has and fortunately he has all the ones I need. Do you think it's a good idea tu buy it or should I look for another one?
Aerocool is not a recommended brand. If you need a low cost model I recommend the Corsair CX550. A very good option is the Seasonic Focus GX-550 at higher cost.