[SOLVED] My motherboard has Intel TXT, does it mean it has TPM?

tienlp

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014
I've read that TPM is a vital part of Intel TXT and it is where TXT store all the measurements. I'm using Gigabyte GA-H81N and in the BIOS there is option to enable or disable Intel TXT, the motherboard doesn't have any TPM header.

Does this mean my motherboard already has TPM for Windows 11 installation? I have enabled Intel TXT in BIOS but Windows update still saying I don't meet the system requirements, and tpm.msc also said No compatible TPM found.

Solution
So if I turn it on in BIOS would it enable TPM or so? Since my mobo supports Intel TXT but it doesn't have a TPM header, I think it should be embedded in the mobo's firmware?

If your motherboard has TPM, it should be present in the Bios screen, if you can't find it, it doesn't exist.

TXT is a complement that works with TPM, it's not the TPM itself, what your Windows installation wants is the TPM, not TXT.
You have to buy a TPM module for your motherboard.

There is a 20-pin connector at the edge of the motherboard with the label TPM.

The TPM module looks like this

61z5ZVaP3bL._AC_SY355_.jpg

So if I turn it on in BIOS would it enable TPM or so? Since my mobo supports Intel TXT but it doesn't have a TPM header, I think it should be embedded in the mobo's firmware?

If your motherboard has TPM, it should be present in the Bios screen, if you can't find it, it doesn't exist.

TXT is a complement that works with TPM, it's not the TPM itself, what your Windows installation wants is the TPM, not TXT.

Solution