Question my motherboard is causing a freeze in my pc

Feb 20, 2020
I built this pc a week ago and since I booted it up to install windows it is a freeze fest

after installing windows it just freezes after 10 min from booting it up (it varies sometimes it will freeze instantly)

I tried different (Ram , GPU . PSU .) and an external hard disk

I updated the bios to the latest version which is F-10 same problem
I downloaded all the drives

my pc specs

Motherboard : GigabyteZ390 UD (1.0)

Intel Core i5-9600KF Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz

memory:Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB

G.SKILL Aegis 8GB Ram 2 sticks

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING OC

Power Supply: Rosewill LEPTON 700

I built this pc a week ago and since I booted it up to install windows it is a freeze fest

after installing windows it just freezes after 10 min from booting it up (it varies sometimes it will freeze instantly)

I tried different (Ram , GPU . PSU .) and an external hard disk

I updated the bios to the latest version which is F-10 same problem
I downloaded all the drives

my pc specs

Motherboard : GigabyteZ390 UD (1.0)

Intel Core i5-9600KF Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz

memory:Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB

G.SKILL Aegis 8GB Ram 2 sticks

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING OC

Power Supply: Rosewill LEPTON 700
Does/did it freeze while installing Windows, or did the Windows installation completely finish without any errors?

Was the BIOS already updated when you installed Windows, or did you update the BIOS after you installed Windows?

Feb 20, 2020
Does/did it freeze while installing Windows, or did the Windows installation completely finish without any errors?

Was the BIOS already updated when you installed Windows, or did you update the BIOS after you installed Windows?
first time the windows installed did not froze actually but when I booted it up it froze but if I now want to format it and re install it 100% it will freeze
BIOS after windows installation I updated it

Have you tried clearing the CMOS and "Loading Optimized Defaults" after the BIOS update?

From your motherboard manual:

CLR_CMOS (Clear CMOS Jumper) Use this jumper to clear the BIOS configuration and reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two pins for a few seconds.
• Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before clearing the CMOS values.
• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized Defaults) or manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for BIOS configurations).

Well I'm running out of ideas.

You could try re-seating your RAM.
Is your RAM on your motherboard's QVL? Have you run memtest86 against your RAM?
Have you double checked all your connections?
Are you connected to the internet to ensure you've received all relevant driver updates?
Are your graphics drivers up to date?

I have no idea of the quality of your PSU.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS