My Motherboard is Dead?

ci0n3

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Hello, my computer that I recently put together isn't powering on. When I try to power it on, nothing happens. It is not because of the power switch wire and I've already tried using a different psu so it's not that either. I really need help identifying what part isn't working and if I can fix it.

ci0n3

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
So if the drive doesn't have the drivers for my parts the computer won't boot up at all? Because I would expect it to at least be able to reach the bios.

It should reach the BIOS without a HDD. Try booting with no HDD connected, and try booting without the graphics card. Just using the APU.

ci0n3

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
So, I tried booting with my gpu, apu, ram, motherboard, and a new thermaltake 750watt psu. The vga cable is on my motherboard. The gpu lights up the little light bulb and when i press the power button the psu spins for less than a second and makes a click. I'm fairly certain it's my motherboard that's damaged. Can someone conform it's my motherboard and if I can fix it?

ci0n3

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Tried booting with just the gpu, ram, cpu fan, psu, and motherboard and all that happens when I press the button is a psu click and the psu spins for less than a second

You need to remove the GPU. It turns off the APU graphics.

ci0n3

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I tried removing the power connectors and now the psu fan spins for less than a second and clicks and my gpu fan spins for less than a second and nothing else

ci0n3

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I didn't do the paperclip method because all my wires are black, but I tested it out in a different computer and it started up fine, and there was no click. I'm thinking it's my motherboard because if my cpu or ram isn't working it should at least reach the bios.