Question My motherboard killed two SSDs - is professional data recovery possible ?

Aug 31, 2024
Thanks for clicking.

So after a car trip, moving my PC from home to my university, the PC failed to boot up past the splash screen, with the dram and CPU lights constantly flashing. I took it to the repair guy, who found out that the third RAM slot was causing issues and that it worked with no RAM in that slot.
I take it back to my dorm and still get the same issues. I take it back to him and he inspects the drives, my main drive is fine but my SSD is not. Apparently, a faulty motherboard has been causing all of this, the test SSD he put in also broke.

My SSD gets picked up by BIOS when he tests it (shows the correct storage space of 4TB) but he said he could not read it, and it wouldn't let him install Windows on it,
Apparently my motherboard has been killing SSDs which are installed in the PCIe slot.

Does anyone know what kind of SSD damage this is? I will pay anything to get the data on that thing back : ( How likely is bit-by-bit recovery to work in this situation?

Do you think it's damaged in such a way that the data is irretrievable or no? I never had any issues with my only 2-year-old PC before this and it showed no sign of slowing down.

Motherboard: MSI Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi

SSD: WD SN850