[SOLVED] My motherboard sound card is broken, will a USB headsets work without it?

Nov 11, 2019
So my motherboard sound card broke about 6 months ago and I've been using a cheap 6 dollar external USB sound card. I don't have the money for a new motherboard and was wondering if i buy a decent headset that uses a USB rather than 3.5mm jack if it would work to its full potential with my no sound card motherboard. I was looking at the following headset : Arctis Pro 5, https://www.evetech.co.za/steelseri...-rgb-gaming-headset-white/best-deal/5943.aspx or just any other USB headsets around that price range. Please help as black Friday and cyber Monday is coming up lol.

Solution
Yes your USB headset will work just fine as it wont be using the sound card that is built in to your motherboard as it has its own sound card built into it. All USB sound devices will have their own built in sound card as due to USB being a digital interface they will have to have an analogue converter built into them (DAC). So don't worry about it not working as it should be fine. Enjoy

edit - That corsair headset will be fine
Nov 11, 2019
Yes your USB headset will work just fine as it wont be using the sound card that is built in to your motherboard as it has its own sound card built into it. All USB sound devices will have their own built in sound card as due to USB being a digital interface they will have to have an analogue converter built into them (DAC). So don't worry about it not working as it should be fine. Enjoy

edit - That corsair headset will be fine

Reactions: Cameron1999
Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

So will i still be able to install the software for the headset and will it still be good quality audio?
I can't say for the model you want, but the HyperX Cloud II's sound excellent for gaming purposes

dude, if you have a budget a good DAC with MIC support built in like the Mayflower ARC is awesome! you can get high end headphons and a mod mic and turn any set into a headset.... maybe something to save up for

https://mayflowerelectronics.com/arc/

TRENDING THREADS