[SOLVED] My motherboard stops responding in bios setting and not recognize SATA storages after restarting

Apr 19, 2019
I have recently bought a second hand ASUS motherboard model M4N78-AM for my old config, I realized a strange problem after 2days and I couldn’t refund or give it back.
I don’t have an OS on it.

When press the power and go to bios setup it works fine but after 10 minutes it hangs and stops responding to any key! So i have to restart by the pc case button.
After it restarts
, it takes too long to enter bios setting again, and when it enters, there is no recognized SATA devices.

The CPU is AMD Athlon 64 Phantom II 3.2 Ghz, system memory is 3 Gb and the graphic is both onboard and 64 Gb dedicated.

Is there any hope or way of repairing?

Solution
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU?
Apr 19, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU?
I have already mentioned all that specs:
Cpu: amd athlon 64 phenom II
Gpu: 64 gb (msi) + 512 mb onboard.
ram: 3 gb skhynix (2+1 gb)
Motherboard: M4N78-AM
Hdd: 500 gb western digital 7200 rpm.
Psu is some kind of chinese ones and about 10 years old. I triad motherboard with a 5 years old green psu but the problem insisted.
I don’t know anything about chassis.
The problem is bios setup(motherboard)freezing and no hdd detected(I mean NO hdd of any kind)

Last edited: