[SOLVED] My Motherboard (TUF Gaming X570) has an Orange DRAM Light Upon Booting

Dec 28, 2020
I just finished my first build. Upon trying to start it for the first time, everything RGB was lit up and all of the fans were spinning. The monitor however, was completely black, and my keyboard and mouse plugged in via USB weren't doing anything. Upon closer inspection, an orange light with "DRAM" written next to it was lit up. So far, I've tried re-seating all of the RAM, and removing the CMOS battery for about an hour and then trying again. This is really frustrating. Especially because I can't get into the BIOS to perform anything there.

Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2060 Zotac Gaming (6GB)
Tuf Gaming X570 Wifi
Western Digital 1TB M.2
Vengeance 16GB 3200mHz
Cooler Master MWE 650W 80+ Gold
Corsair 220T Airflow
Corsair H100i Pro XT

I've tried that, I'm almost certain it isn't the RAM. The RGB is working on it
If you are almost certain it isn't the RAM...I think it's most likely the MB,

....but the thing is....there might not be anything wrong with the RAM....it may just not be compatible with your system.

Is the RAM you are using on your motherboards QVL for RAM?

....and the fact that the RGB is working...doesn't tell us anything regarding the functioning of the actual RAM.

Dec 28, 2020
If you are almost certain it isn't the RAM...I think it's most likely the MB,

....but the thing is....there might not be anything wrong with the RAM....it may just not be compatible with your system.

Is the RAM you are using on your motherboards QVL for RAM?

....and the fact that the RGB is working...doesn't tell us anything regarding the functioning of the actual RAM.
Yes it is QVL. And oh thank you. Didn't know it still could be bad

Yes it is QVL. And oh thank you. Didn't know it still could be bad
Well....being it's on the QVL....I am a little surprised....as memory that is on the QVL usually (and is supposed to) work.

Although I am not totally shocked that it doesn't work (even though it is on the QVL) because memory can be very particular and it wouldn't be the first time I've seen memory on the QVL not work.

I think the only thing to do.....is try another stick...because the only other thing I see to do is another MB.

Jan 4, 2021
that has happened to me previously with my asus rog strix-e x570 motherboard. my ram was properely connected, tried different ram and nothing seemed to work, but my issue was that my 8-pin CPU power cable wasn't properly connected into the motherboard and didn't let me boot, but because it was a constant issue, i eventually just returned the motherboard and got a new one. works great....NOW.

TRENDING THREADS