My motherboard won't boot dual channel, single channel it does

mindrarazvan

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Hello everyone!

So I just built a new pc, so everything is brand new.
Asus Z370 Plus Gaming
i5 8600k
GTX 1070ti
2x 8GB RAM DDR4 Patriot Viper 3200mhz

I tried to turn on the PC, but the monitor was black. ( I placed the memory on slot 2 and 4 )

I took out the one on the 2, and it works. I tried with just a single memory on each slot, it works only on the last slot ( 4 ), counting from the CPU to ATX.

After looking on this forum a lot, I saw that a lot of people solved their issue by loosing the CPU cooler a little bit, it might be too much pressure. So I did that, and now the slot 3 and 4 works, with a single memory. Dual channel still doesn't work, ( 1, 3 ) ( 2, 4 ); BUT, it works with both memories on 3 and 4, so it still doesn't work on dual channel

I updated bios, i tried to manually OC the memory, since it was 2133mhz and also increase the voltage from 1.2 to 1.35. Still nothing. Does this mean my motherboard is problem? Should I return it? Is it that big of a difference between single and dual channel?

Thanks a lot!

mindrarazvan

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018

Hey terry,

You are right, even though it works with both memories in single channel, it annoys me that it doesn't work in dual.
And as far as I know, it's at least 10-15% more performance in dual channel.

I will do that as my last resort, if I don't find any solution within the next week.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS