[SOLVED] My motherboard won't detect my RAM anymore

mrhawnchawn

Commendable
Aug 22, 2017
So my motherboard is a B350M gaming pro from MSI and I have two sticks of (2x8) of DDR4 RAM. There were never any issues with the RAM, until I inserted a new pair of RAM for a friend to see if his worked. (trying to solve his PC's problem). However, once I tried to insert my original RAM back it wouldn't be detected no matter what I did. I make sure to hear two clicks when I insert them too. I tried clearing CMOS, only inserting one stick of ram with each one, unplugging the PC for a while and replugging it, and I'm just not sure on what to do anymore. My PC lights up and everything runs, but my screen is blank and my motherboard has a feature that shines a light on what isn't working on the PC. (in this case, the RAM,) I've tried changing the HDMI cable and port on my GPU with no luck there neither

Solution
Was your PC unplugged when you were clearing the CMOS?
Have you tried using the clear CMOS jumper?
Have you checked for any dirt in the RAM slots?
I actually figured out the problem, after a few hours of trying different things. For some reason, my USB port at the front of my case was causing the entire thing to be unable to post or boot. As soon as I disconnected my mouse plugged in there, it started working. My guess is that the USB port cable inside the motherboard was loose and the unstable electrical current started causing issues and made the motherboard show it was the RAM's fault for some reason

mrhawnchawn

Commendable
Aug 22, 2017
Was your PC unplugged when you were clearing the CMOS?
Have you tried using the clear CMOS jumper?
Have you checked for any dirt in the RAM slots?
I actually figured out the problem, after a few hours of trying different things. For some reason, my USB port at the front of my case was causing the entire thing to be unable to post or boot. As soon as I disconnected my mouse plugged in there, it started working. My guess is that the USB port cable inside the motherboard was loose and the unstable electrical current started causing issues and made the motherboard show it was the RAM's fault for some reason

Solution