[SOLVED] My motherboard's LED lights up but nothing else in the system turns on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2020
So i just finished building my PC nad went to turn it on and when i flipped the switch on the PSU the motherboard lit up but nothing else. I then pressed the button on the case to start the PC but nothing. Nothing booted up there was no fans spinning nothing. Except the light on the motherboard. I am stuck on what it could be anybody have an answer?

Solution
sound good. get them to diagnose some stuff because they can cuz they have extra hardware to use for testing and tools.

However, be careful. Not all shops have competent people working in them.

I went to a highly rated and reviewed place once, and after keeping my PC for 2 days, they told me that the graphics card was dead, however, I already had suspicions that it was either the RAM slots on the board, the RAM itself, or perhaps both and specifically asked them to test that, but they came back telling me the graphics card was bad.

Guess what..... it was both RAM slots on the board going bad coupled with failing RAM.
I figured it out myself by just buying new RAM, and then getting another motherboard.

My GPU and everything else was...
May 31, 2020
yup i have all three connections in the right slots so i'm kinda stuck on what else it could be. i have the usb 2.0 in the correct slot i have the hd audio connector in the right slot and the other connector that splits off into like 4 different cables in the correct slots as well.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
It's possible your front panel power connectors are labeled incorrectly, or perhaps they are faulty.

Unplug the power, reset, HDD front panel connectors, then is a screw driver or something to make a connection between the two power button pins on the header to see if it'll boot

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
double check that the power cables are firmly and fully plugged in.
This is the 28pin connector for the motherboard, the 8pin (usually 2x4pin) connection for the CPU (also known as EPS), and the power cables for your graphics card.

Make sure that the graphics card is seated properly in the top most x16 slot.

If that isn't working, then take the cooler off the CPU, and be careful with the CPU but make sure that it's seated properly. maybe take it out and inspect it for bent or missing pins.

May 31, 2020
The CPU is in place and no pins are damaged or missing, the GPU is in the upper most slot. I disconnected and reconnected the CPU 2x4 pin at the top left corner of the motherboard. At this point i think it might just be an issue with the motherboard. Maybe it receives power but its connectors are dead.
I was going to go to a cpmuter shop around my area tomorrow and see what the problem is.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
sound good. get them to diagnose some stuff because they can cuz they have extra hardware to use for testing and tools.

However, be careful. Not all shops have competent people working in them.

I went to a highly rated and reviewed place once, and after keeping my PC for 2 days, they told me that the graphics card was dead, however, I already had suspicions that it was either the RAM slots on the board, the RAM itself, or perhaps both and specifically asked them to test that, but they came back telling me the graphics card was bad.

Guess what..... it was both RAM slots on the board going bad coupled with failing RAM.
I figured it out myself by just buying new RAM, and then getting another motherboard.

My GPU and everything else was fine. Still is.

Solution
May 31, 2020
Yeah thats what i was gonna do see if they could run tests on the pc and figure out what is working and what's not because i am pretty sure it has to be the mother board. because the psu is feeding power to the motherboard which is evident given that it had the lights on.

The only thing that confuses me is the case, a h510 elite, doesn't have a usb 3.0 but does have a usb 2.0 and something that looks similar to a usb cable maybe a 3.1 connection so idk if that could be an issue? but my motherboar does not have a connection for it.

May 31, 2020
Hey guys, having the exact same issue here, but everything in my PC lights up for a split second then shuts off. I have checked that the PSU is working perfectly fine, exact same case as yours as well. i feel like the power switch on the motherboard is faulty but I wanna make sure before I ROA it

Status
Not open for further replies.