My motherboards LED's are slowly blinking... help?

Aug 3, 2017
I have recently assembled my first gaming PC and all has gone great.. I played a few games on it and all seems fantastic, however whilst gaming I just noticed that my motherboards LED's were blinking slowly and I don't mean a single little light I mean the whole motherboard. I also noticed that the fans sounded like they was turning a lot faster for a few seconds and then slowing down again. I looked in my manual and couldn't find anything regarding the entire motherboard lights fading in and out like a bloody Christmas tree so any help is appreciated, thanks!

Oh specs are below.

Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 Plus
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX 1050ti expedition 4gb

I also only have one case fan installed as well as my cpu cooler and of course graphics card fans as the case only came with one.

Quick edit: I found this: https://hardforum.com/threads/how-to-stop-bloody-led-from-blinking-on-sdant-by.1729626/ whih indicates that other motherboards of asus are doing the same thing except mine also does it while it isn't in standby as well.

I just completely powered off my computer and went into bios on startup and the motherboard stopped blinking and had a solid light however as soon as I start up my pc it starts lashing again... I have looked around on youtube and other problems but nobody else seems to have this problem...

Solution
Im not sure what the flashing light is for...unless it is for a hdd or ssd not being installed correctly. But if every thing is running ok then i wouldn't stress unless you start experiencing issues...freezing, hdd or ssd problems, ports on mobo not responding. it may just be an effect for the mobo. Don't stress! it should be fine. For the fans speeding a slowing...that's normal well for me at least and i have heard that it is normal. it is probably just because the cpu is under pressure. i find that when im gaming i hear an increase for the speed of fans. im not sure if its the gpu tho. most likely the cpu cooler.
Is it just while you are gaming?
thanks. don't worry..i know it can be stressful!

mexwex

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
Im not sure what the flashing light is for...unless it is for a hdd or ssd not being installed correctly. But if every thing is running ok then i wouldn't stress unless you start experiencing issues...freezing, hdd or ssd problems, ports on mobo not responding. it may just be an effect for the mobo. Don't stress! it should be fine. For the fans speeding a slowing...that's normal well for me at least and i have heard that it is normal. it is probably just because the cpu is under pressure. i find that when im gaming i hear an increase for the speed of fans. im not sure if its the gpu tho. most likely the cpu cooler.
Is it just while you are gaming?
thanks. don't worry..i know it can be stressful!

Solution

hdkuip

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
hallo, i have exact the same thing here, ryzen 5 1600 with the Prime B350 plus motherboard, i can t find anything on the net,

what is the problem of this?

TRENDING THREADS