Question My Motherboards video output are not working

Jan 5, 2022
Hey, So I own an older PC and I need to be able to get a triple monitor setup. But my Video card Radeon R7 240 only has 2 video outputs an HDMI and a VGA. Up until now everything was fine since I was using a dual monitor setup. But now I need to power my graphic tablet as well. So I tried using the on board graphics for that. I have 2 video outputs on my MOBO just like my GPU an HDMI and VGA but neither of them works. If I plug my monitors into them and boot the pc it boots but there is no signal on either of the monitors.

I am quite certain that my CPU also has an integrated graphics because its an older AMD A10 6700 that was labeled as APU with Radeon HD 8670D - also have the drivers installed in my device manager.

Next thing was going into Bios and changing the settings but under the video output tab I can only change 1 thing and that is to change (something) I don't remember what exactly its written there - From Auto to PEG from what I've read people are changing it to PCI or PCI-e but I don't have those options. I tried to change it to PEG and boot it like that but still only my GPU video outputs were working.

I also wanted to ask if it can be caused due to my PC being a pre-build and I was wondering if the manufacturer tempered with the BIOS.

NameChanged38

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
The setting within the BIOS you'll be looking for will be labeled I-GPU, Integrated Graphics, or something along those lines. I actually answered an identical thread earlier~

Jan 5, 2022
Well I'll try to look for it. Thanks

I just did it and There doesn't seem to be anything of the sort the only video option is the one I mentioned prior which is called video setup and the only option there is the "select active video tab"

I also tried looking for anything motherboard related but it seem there is nothing like that either.
Only thing I have under advanced is CPU and when I open it , it only shows 2 lines of text microcode patch level and AGESA version

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022
The setting within the BIOS you'll be looking for will be labeled I-GPU, Integrated Graphics, or something along those lines. I actually answered an identical thread earlier~

I just did it and There doesn't seem to be anything of the sort the only video option is the one I mentioned prior which is called video setup and the only option there is the "select active video tab"

I also tried looking for anything motherboard related but it seem there is nothing like that either.
Only thing I have under advanced is CPU and when I open it , it only shows 2 lines of text microcode patch level and AGESA version