My mouse and keyboard freeze all of the sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

matheo_03

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello.
I've recently bought a brand new computer.

Motherboard: Asrock H61M-VGS
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 550ti
Processor : i5 4x3.3ghz
Mouse: Logitech mx518
Keyboard: Razer Arctosa

A week ago I installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything was just fine.
2 days ago i've noticed that my keyboard and mouse simultaneously stop working. Everything else is still working - computer, internet, music - but mouse and keyboard just dont respond.
Unplug/plug doesnt help. I reboot my pc - seems like problem is fixed but after some time keyboard and mouse stop working again.

Help please.

matheo_03

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I've just reinstalled motherboard drivers. Please do not close this thread, it may freeze once again tomorrow. I work till 7 pm tomorrow, when I get back home i'll turn on my CPU so if it doesnt freeze whole evening i'm gonna post it here.
If it won't help i'll post here as well :)

check to see what plugged into your usb ports. sometime you can have to many devices plugged in or a high powered device like an ipad and it can cuase the usb hub to lock up. i would also see what you have running on your pc you could have an issues with a program trying to run in the back ground. use ms config and turn everything off in start up other than your anti virus software.

Hi,

There is a bit of contradiction here:
you say

2 days ago I've noticed that my keyboard and mouse simultaneously stop working. Everything else is still working

then

computer, internet, music - but mouse and keyboard just don't respond.

How do you know internet and music still works , you plugged in another keyboard. You can browse the net without a mouse and keyboard....

It's not because the music still going that it's not the computer who crashed. ( the computer can crash and still hear music for a few seconds)

1- try in safe mode, does it freeze
2- check for virus and do all updates
3-check you temperatures

good luck

matheo_03

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Nope. I do use headset and I can literally hear music in my ears. About computer - I know it doesn't freeze cause when I'm chatting with my friends and my keyboard/mouse freeze and if they keep messaging me i can see the messages. That's how I know it's only Keyboard and mouse freezing.

I'll check all three points, thanks.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
This may not be any help, but I had a similar problem. Keyboard and mouse (logitech G13, 19, & 700) stop working for no reason and only a reboot restores them (very frustrating in the middle of a firefight, lol) It turned out to be a problem with setpoint. I only mention this because I notice you're using their mx518. So far, haven't had the problem since I updated it. Had to look for it on their support site, that 'update' feature in the included software has never found an update yet.

matheo_03

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello. I've tried all from above and it still keeps freezing.
There is one difference - the mouse and keyboard freeze and unfreeze after few seconds multiple times - then it stops working and I need to reboot the cpu to restore them again.
Please help.

matheo_03

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I installed drivers that came with my motherboard (as you recommended above) + Logitech , razer newest drivers (Set point and razer arctosa)
So yeah i think all my drivers are up to date.
About converter - should i get 2 converters for both mice and keyboard then? Or there is a way to fix it w/o converters? please help
I can hear the sound of plugin out/in when the cursor freezes. It does so multiple times then it freezes completly and i need to reboot the pc.

matheo_03

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello. I've tried everything above. I used ps2 converters which doesn't work at all. I bought 2, one for keyboard and the other one for the mice. They both don't work though.
My mouse and keyboard still keep freezing, any advice?

aaron_s

Honorable
May 17, 2012

Maybe it's some problem with the ports in your system.
Have you tried them in a friends house or on another computer?
If they still don't work then it must be a problem with the hardware and you can RMA it if possible or get a exchange under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.