[SOLVED] My mouse buttons are not working on my main W10 profile but work just fine on a second profile.

djenkov

Honorable
Sep 25, 2014
Today after powering my PC the mentioned problem occurred. I could move the mouse freely but all of the buttons of the mouse weren't working. They are working fine in the bios, on my log-in screen, and even on my second profile, but when I switch to my main one they don't work at all.
I haven't done anything unusual prior shutting down my computer yesterday so I was a bit surprised when it happened.

Any ideas on what I can do to return the mouse functionality of my main profile?

Solution
See if this helps, first.

If the mouse's pointer is fine but the buttons don't register on the OS, I'd advise you to see if the keyboard's functionality is intact or is compromised like the mouse. You can use Tab to toggle the selection of each item, you can use ctrl+C to copy and ctrl+V to paste where ctrl+X is cut. I mentioned the latter commands since I'm assuming you have some critical content in your profile(that's compromised) that needs backing up.

I'd advise in reinstalling your OS after you've created your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Lutfij

Titan
See if this helps, first.

If the mouse's pointer is fine but the buttons don't register on the OS, I'd advise you to see if the keyboard's functionality is intact or is compromised like the mouse. You can use Tab to toggle the selection of each item, you can use ctrl+C to copy and ctrl+V to paste where ctrl+X is cut. I mentioned the latter commands since I'm assuming you have some critical content in your profile(that's compromised) that needs backing up.

I'd advise in reinstalling your OS after you've created your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Solution