Discussion My mouse feels REALLY weird. I need help.

Jul 4, 2019
I've seen a lot of threads here on Tom's Hardware about this issue, but none of them seem to have an answer to the problem I'm having- It seems almost as if this problem is unsolvable.
Basically, recently I had to format my pc because of some type of weird command I typed in CMD thinking it was going to help my pc; what it did do though, was literally make it ususable. After formatting, my mouse started feeling "weird", and trust me, I HAVE DONE everything I could do from what I found to fix this issue. My mouse simply doesn't feel normal. It doesn't move where I want it to, it feels SUPER uncomfortable using it comparing to how it used to be. Not just when navigating windows, but also when playing games.
I have done the MarkC fix, I have turned off the "Enhance Pointer Precision" of Windows, heck, I even installed a Windows update on my own!

Please, I really need help, my muscle memory is being torn appart, I have been in search of a fix for over 3 days and I can't do this anymore. Anything you have to say that might help, please go ahead. I'm all ears.

Hopefully this thread can also help someone else in the future, though. I wouldn't want anyone feeling this at all, trust me, it's the worst.

If you tried to format your computer (old classic "format c:") there is no wonder why your computer acting up.

Neither does it help when you state you've entering a sort of holy command, but wont tell what it actually states. So we can probably conclude you have done something and blew up Windows by that.

Jul 4, 2019
If you tried to format your computer (old classic "format c:") there is no wonder why your computer acting up.

Neither does it help when you state you've entering a sort of holy command, but wont tell what it actually states. So we can probably conclude you have done something and blew up Windows by that.
Honestly I have no clue what the command does, but I can tell you what the command was :
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

That was the command that ruined it all and made me have to format my pc!

Jul 4, 2019
Does your mouse have a dpi adjustment? Did you hit it by accident.
It does, it has the program and the dpi buttons. I didn't change my sensibility for sure, but all I can say is that since I uninstalled that program everything seems to be "fine"
But before I formatted the pc, I had this very same program on it and the program never caused problems. It's weird, really

Jul 4, 2019
What mouse do you have and are you using the latest driver for it?
The mouse I have it the Glorious Model O.
I was using it's drivers and it was awful, but now that I've uninstalled them it seems that it runs better?
Idk, but it's still definetly not the way it was before.
Also worth noting : I had the drivers installed before I formatted my PC and they weren't causing problems before, so idk why they are doing so now..

Jul 4, 2019
Not sure what that exact command does, but messing with bcd edit can cause bad things to happen.

Dont change things you dont understand. That goes for registry changes, command promt commands and batch files, aswell as file system changes.
Yeah but I didn't do anything around the registry regarding the mouse, the only thing I did was the MarkC mouse fix

Jul 4, 2019
did you ever sort this? experiencing very similar happenings.
Nope, still happening. My arm feels awful, it hurts everywhere. It completely ruined everything I do on my PC. There is seemingly no fix for this. I've tried EVERYTHING and searched EVERYWHERE. In the process of making enough money to buy a new computer, hoping that will fix it.