Question My mouse feels "uneven" and high amount of friction after replacing the skates (mouse feet) Zowie EC1-B

mzk777

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
I don't know what i am doing wrong and I'm using the ones that came with it . I have already used 2 sets and same results. if someone could tell me exactly what to do step by step it will be very much appreciated! because i didn't find any sort of tutorials !

mzk777

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
I might try sanding them with some VERY fine grit sandpaper....like 400 grit.
I would also try experimenting with different things.....maybe a little silicone lubricant would help.
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean sandpapering the skates themselves or the little gape the skates settle in ?

The skates themselves. 400 grit sandpaper is extremely fine....it won't hurt them....but it might give you a more consistent surface and make it slide nicer.

Try different things....experiment.

Here's an example....just to give you an idea about experimenting with things. I have a Razer Turret keyboard and mouse and the surface that the mouse sits on gets polished and becomes very shiny over time....and then the mouse doesn't work (because the light from the mouse doesn't reflect right)....so I take some 400 grit sandpaper and sand the surface the mouse sits on. This gets rid of the shine and the mouse works again for about 6 months or so until it gets shiny again. I just figured this out by trying it.

D

Deleted member 14196

get a nice mousepad? Rosewill has some fantastic ones that provide the right amount of traction control for me.

mzk777

Honorable
Mar 25, 2015
The skates themselves. 400 grit sandpaper is extremely fine....it won't hurt them....but it might give you a more consistent surface and make it slide nicer.

Try different things....experiment.

Here's an example....just to give you an idea about experimenting with things. I have a Razer Turret keyboard and mouse and the surface that the mouse sits on gets polished and becomes very shiny over time....and then the mouse doesn't work (because the light from the mouse doesn't reflect right)....so I take some 400 grit sandpaper and sand the surface the mouse sits on. This gets rid of the shine and the mouse works again for about 6 months or so until it gets shiny again. I just figured this out by trying it.

I will give it a try thanks again!

get a nice mousepad? Rosewill has some fantastic ones that provide the right amount of traction control for me.

I have two already! HyperX Fury S and the speed edition of the same pad tried both same thing...