Question My mouse is stuck at 500hz ?

May 25, 2021
Hi fellas. I have Xpg primer mouse.When ı buy this mouse ı checked my rate and it was 1000hz. Yesterday ı tested my mouse and ı saw maximum 500hz. Can you help me guys ?
My mouse does support 1000 hz btw.

Things I tried

I installed mouse software (I couldnt see any option about hz )
I removed mouse driver from device manager.
I updated my bios :)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Just for the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Often times the USB ports on your motherboard can be designated as a "gaming" port whereby you can use high polling rate devices on that port(s), so which ports are you populating the device on?

May 25, 2021
We're going to need a little more information.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Just for the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Often times the USB ports on your motherboard can be designated as a "gaming" port whereby you can use high polling rate devices on that port(s), so which ports are you populating the device on?

ryzen5 2600
sapphire rx590 nitro se
2*8 xpg 3000 mhz ram
1 tb seagate hdd
120 gb ssd james monkey sata
psu (new) cooler master 650 +80 bronze
b450M H gigabyte
current bios version f3
termalthake commander MS1
win 10 pro 20H2

I tried every port on my case and and my bios version is F3 right now

Ralston18

Titan
Not seeing a "polling rate" test via the zowie link.

And I do not have a Zowie mouse.

However, I did find the following:

How do you adjust the report (polling) rate (Hz)?
"Make sure the mouse is UNPLUGGED.
a. 125 Hz: Hold button 4+5 and plug the mouse into the USB port. Once the wheel lights up, the rate will be 125 Hz.
b. 500 Hz: Hold button 5 and plug the mouse into the USB port. Once the wheel lights up, the rate be 500 Hz.
c. 1000 Hz: Hold button 4 and plug the mouse into the USB port. Once the wheel lights up, the rate will be 1.000 Hz. (Only do this if you have previously changed to 125 or 500 Hz)."

(My underlining.)

Try "c." However, it appears that you must step up the polling rate by doing a. and b. beforehand.

May 25, 2021
Not seeing a "polling rate" test via the zowie link.

And I do not have a Zowie mouse.

However, I did find the following:

How do you adjust the report (polling) rate (Hz)?
"Make sure the mouse is UNPLUGGED.
a. 125 Hz: Hold button 4+5 and plug the mouse into the USB port. Once the wheel lights up, the rate will be 125 Hz.
b. 500 Hz: Hold button 5 and plug the mouse into the USB port. Once the wheel lights up, the rate be 500 Hz.
c. 1000 Hz: Hold button 4 and plug the mouse into the USB port. Once the wheel lights up, the rate will be 1.000 Hz. (Only do this if you have previously changed to 125 or 500 Hz)."

(My underlining.)

Try "c." However, it appears that you must step up the polling rate by doing a. and b. beforehand.

ı found this from my xpg primer site

XPG Primer features three polling rates, 250Hz (blue), 500Hz (green), and 1000Hz (red). To change polling rates, hold down the right button and scroll wheel together for 3 seconds. Light will flash to indicate that the new adjustment has been stored successfully.

ı tried but it didn't workout

Ralston18

Titan
What specifically did not work? For example, no flashes, wrong color(s)?

Is the XPG Primer site (link?) procedure the same as Zowies?

Do the right click button and scroll wheel "numbers" match up?

Wondering about the applicable mouse drivers as well....

May 25, 2021
What specifically did not work? For example, no flashes, wrong color(s)?

Is the XPG Primer site (link?) procedure the same as Zowies?

Do the right click button and scroll wheel "numbers" match up?

Wondering about the applicable mouse drivers as well....
I mean when i pressing.both scrool and right click.i mean doesnt happening anything no.flashing
And yes official xpg site
And what do you mean numbers ?

Ralston18

Titan
Numbers:

Is Button 4 = Right button?

Is Button 5 = Scroll wheel?

And the link I found involve physically unplugging the mouse and then plugging the mouse in while holding the necessary buttons.

Did you unplug and plug in the mouse as well.....?

Another consideration is mapping: You can often assign certain functions to specific buttons.

If the mouse buttons are already mapped in some way then pressing a button may be doing something different.

And not changing the polling rate.

May 25, 2021
Numbers:

Is Button 4 = Right button?

Is Button 5 = Scroll wheel?

And the link I found involve physically unplugging the mouse and then plugging the mouse in while holding the necessary buttons.

Did you unplug and plug in the mouse as well.....?

Another consideration is mapping: You can often assign certain functions to specific buttons.

If the mouse buttons are already mapped in some way then pressing a button may be doing something different.

And not changing the polling rate.

I mean there is no number which button has a number

I tried both plugged in and unplugged

I tried assign button to another button but nothing happened still works at 500hz

Ralston18

Titan
And you have manually downloaded, reinstalled, and reconfigured the XPG mouse drivers - correct? No third party driver installers - correct?

Okay - I also found:

XPG Primer features three polling rates, 250Hz (blue), 500Hz (green), and 1000Hz (red). To change polling rates, hold down the right button and scroll wheel together for 3 seconds. Light will flash to indicate that the new adjustment has been stored successfully.

Source link:

https://www.xpg.com/us/support/xpg?tab=faqs&category=5&subcategory=12&product=664

Reading back I realized that one question I failed to ask is why you are using that Zowie link to measure a XPG polling rate?

I am missing something here.....

May 25, 2021
And you have manually downloaded, reinstalled, and reconfigured the XPG mouse drivers - correct? No third party driver installers - correct?

Okay - I also found:

Source link:

https://www.xpg.com/us/support/xpg?tab=faqs&category=5&subcategory=12&product=664

Reading back I realized that one question I failed to ask is why you are using that Zowie link to measure a XPG polling rate?

I am missing something here.....
dude ı wrote before if u noticed ı tried (hold down the right button and scroll wheel together for 3 seconds) ı tried all combinations

Ralston18

Titan
Yes.

Where I am confused is between Zowie & XPG?

I am going to move this thread from Computer Peripherals to PC Gaming.

Perhaps the polling problem will be recognized by someone in the gaming community.

Not sure what else to suggest if none of the polling configuration procedures work as written.

Reactions: bogisama