[SOLVED] my mouse isnt supported by windows 10

RSTYBOII

Commendable
May 30, 2019
ive updated windows and now my mouse is freezeing
i tried reinstalling the mouse driver but still i tried on another pc window an older windows 10 version and it worked after ive updated windows on that pc the same freeze happen

Solution
It's been decades since computer mice needed specific drivers to be installed. Windows does its own thing.

Some mice still have drivers that replace the default ones and are better suited to them. My Steelseries Rival 600 does. It helps with the tracking.
it doesn't help website is in Spanish - http://aimgaming.eu/tienda/raton-aim/
that is no ordinary mouse, most don't have as many buttons on side so I could see why you want software for it.
I assume you download drivers from there?

curious how if I search for that mouse with win 10 after name I get results that are how to fix mouse... hmm, seems a common question but all results in Spanish.

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
Hey,

you are not saying what exact model your mouse is. If it's just a "normal" mouse that you do not require some fancy software for creating macros etc. I would suggest you uninstall the driver you have installed for it, and let Windows install its own drivers. It's been decades since computer mice needed specific drivers to be installed. Windows does its own thing. I haven't bothered with mice drivers since windows 95.

Jul 22, 2021
Pro Tip: Never upgrade your pointing device drivers in a hustle unless needed!
The Mouse itself has its universally compatible drivers embedded in its hardware, replacing those will subject you to cursor freezes and lags.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It's been decades since computer mice needed specific drivers to be installed. Windows does its own thing.

Some mice still have drivers that replace the default ones and are better suited to them. My Steelseries Rival 600 does. It helps with the tracking.
it doesn't help website is in Spanish - http://aimgaming.eu/tienda/raton-aim/
that is no ordinary mouse, most don't have as many buttons on side so I could see why you want software for it.
I assume you download drivers from there?

curious how if I search for that mouse with win 10 after name I get results that are how to fix mouse... hmm, seems a common question but all results in Spanish.

Last edited:
Solution

RSTYBOII

Commendable
May 30, 2019
can you please link me the results that you've found ? cause i've google the mouse name with win 10 and i didn't see any one with the same issue or even someone asking about the mouse
yes i did download drivers from their website

Colif

Win 11 Master
Its possible I was wrong as I may be mistranslating since most of the results aren't in English. I may have misread. Most of the results I saw were the sort of website that wants to teach you a way to fix things that involves you buying something you don't need from them.

when does it freeze? as soon as you start PC or after windows starts? Have you tried in safe mode as that will tell you if its windows itself or the drivers.

if it only freezes when you get to desktop, on the logon screen, click the power button in bottom right of screen
while holding left shift click restart
that loads PC into advanced startup
  1. choose troubleshoot
  2. choose advanced
  3. choose startup options
  4. click the restart button
  5. choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
  6. Pc will restart and load safe mode
is mouse frozen? if it works it means its the drivers

i wonder though, the drivers list they work with everything from 7 to 10... and unless they gave them to Microsoft for signatures to be tested to work with win 10, that update could have been the one where Microsoft decided that unsigned drivers no longer work. They did give companies several years to comply.