My mouse lag after i upgraded my GPU and PSU

handsomejack

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016
Yesterday I upgraded My previous R9 390 GPU to GTX1070Ti, and I also upgraded my noisy 750 PSU into the new Antec HCG520M.
And my CPU is i5 4460 8GB of ddr3 ram,
I have never experienced this kind of mouse lagging with my previous build,
But now when I m loading stuff, especially opening some game(BF4.GTA5)some kind of BIG game, My mouse start lagging for a while.And in some situation where I m trying to download some large GB kinds of stuff, and my when my HDD getting stressed, it starts lagging my mouse too.
I know my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU.Therefore I have planned to replace my 4460 with i7 4790 or 4770.I don't know if it is the problem of my CPU or my PSU because, on their website, they said that 500w PSU should be enough of 1070Ti.
So, please, can someone help me solve this problem?!
By the way, I m using window 8.1 64bit.

Solution
Your power supply is a good model, but an old platform. It does not support the low power states of your Haswell CPU. You need to turn off the C6/C7 states in the bios if you are going to continue using that power supply. It's a Seasonic built unit, and was a good platform in the past, but it's rather outdated now. Still, I seriously doubt it's the problem with your mouse.

More likely is the fact that you probably did not do a clean install of your graphics drivers, getting rid of all the old drivers and settings, before you installed the new card and new drivers.

Run the DDU, choose the AMD option. Then run it again and choose the Nvidia option. Then do a fresh install of your GPU card drivers using the latest drivers on the Nvidia...
Your power supply is a good model, but an old platform. It does not support the low power states of your Haswell CPU. You need to turn off the C6/C7 states in the bios if you are going to continue using that power supply. It's a Seasonic built unit, and was a good platform in the past, but it's rather outdated now. Still, I seriously doubt it's the problem with your mouse.

More likely is the fact that you probably did not do a clean install of your graphics drivers, getting rid of all the old drivers and settings, before you installed the new card and new drivers.

Run the DDU, choose the AMD option. Then run it again and choose the Nvidia option. Then do a fresh install of your GPU card drivers using the latest drivers on the Nvidia website, NOT the drivers that came with the card on disk.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

Moving up from Windows 8 to windows 10 would probably be a good idea too. The 1000 series cards were not really designed to be used with the older driver framework used in Windows 8. They'll run, but not as well.

Solution

handsomejack

Reputable
Jul 22, 2016

You know what?? It all solved after i installed a new i7 4790!!!!!!