Question my mouse randomly disconnects and reconnects after a few seconds

Jul 3, 2022
I play alot of video games, and usually i have this issue where i hear the usb disconnecting sound and my mouse stops working for a few seconds until it fixes itself and i hear the usb reconnecting sound from windows. lately this has been happening with the 'w' key as well where the key also stops working exactly when my mouse decides to disconnect. Ive tried different mice to make sure my mouse isnt the problem and i still faced the issue. ive tried reinstalling the mouse drivers, fully reset my pc and reinstalled windows, even upgraded to windows 11 in the hopes that the issue fixes itself as i believe its related to software not hardware, but the issue still persists. this issue applies to all the usb ports present on my laptop.
laptop: Dell G5 se 5505
any help is greatly appreciated

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, it just stops non microsoft programs loading with windows, easily reversed

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

upgrading windows when you have a problem often just brings problem along for ride.

I play alot of video games, and usually i have this issue where i hear the usb disconnecting sound and my mouse stops working for a few seconds until it fixes itself and i hear the usb reconnecting sound from windows. lately this has been happening with the 'w' key as well where the key also stops working exactly when my mouse decides to disconnect. Ive tried different mice to make sure my mouse isnt the problem and i still faced the issue. ive tried reinstalling the mouse drivers, fully reset my pc and reinstalled windows, even upgraded to windows 11 in the hopes that the issue fixes itself as i believe its related to software not hardware, but the issue still persists. this issue applies to all the usb ports present on my laptop.
laptop: Dell G5 se 5505
any help is greatly appreciated
Since its a laptop did you go through the Control Panel Power Options and check to make sure everything usb and mouse related is set to maximum power and usb selective suspend is disabled? Did you also open the Device Manager and check the Power Management options for all usb and mouse related devices to make sure that the option "allow the computer to turn off this device" is UNchecked?